The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Donald Trump Has to keep his voters at the same time Joe loses his.  One would also think the Democrats and Independent voters would have great enthusiasm to keep out someone from becoming a Republican Dictator.  

That was indeed the #1 criteria for Democrats in 2016 and 2020, and will be again. 

A person could argue that Joe Biden doesn't have a high disapproval rating and that it doesn't matter in this election, but I'm not sure why you'd do that. 

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

Actually it is quite fair to those who have paid their debts. After a person has declared bankruptcy it is up to future lenders if they want to take on that added risk again. People who have managed their finances well get the benefit of better loan rates and terms.

TBH I don’t know exactly how bankruptcy works but it seems to be way more fair than giving some people, who agreed to specified repayment terms, big chunks of money while not giving it to others who paid their debt or didn’t enter into it at all.

My buddy filed for it...Took about 4 years in his case for him to be able to get a loan again, which he was shocked at because it used to be 7 years.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

My portfolio returns haven’t been as good as during the Trump years.   

Budget Costs have risen much more than after tax take home pay has increased.  

I, along with my wife, saved for our kids, while  the kids worked hard in school to get scholly’s and jobs to save and pay to get though college with no loan debt.   For what??  To have Joe and his minions say we are suckers for doing things the right way?   Sorry but I will never vote for him for that reason alone.  

Like most people, your portfolio probably went up under Biden to a historic stock market high in December 2021, then took a substantial dip that fall, then regained most or all of its value in recent months and is now trending upward. If we're being honest, the stock market has been on roughly the same journey under Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Obama, Trump, and Biden, with temporary craters for the dot com bust and the global derivative meltdown, and a surprisingly small blip for Covid. 

There's a lot of crazy s#!t going on in the world, and your dealbreaker is........student loan forgiveness? 

• TBH 4

9 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Like most people, your portfolio probably went up under Biden to a historic stock market high in December 2021, then took a substantial dip that fall, then regained most or all of its value in recent months and is now trending upward. If we're being honest, the stock market has been on roughly the same journey under Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Obama, Trump, and Biden, with temporary craters for the dot com bust and the global derivative meltdown, and a surprisingly small blip for Covid. 

There's a lot of crazy s#!t going on in the world, and your dealbreaker is........student loan forgiveness? 

Mine is up really high right now...mostly because of AI stocks.  It would be up even higher if we (or maybe another country for once) could kill all those lame pirate/terrorists that are attacking ships.

With that said...I expect a dip, a bit one, next week and crpyto is a mess and crypto stocks are a mess.  

And how in gods name is Chipotle still well over 2,000 a share??

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Like most people, your portfolio probably went up under Biden to a historic stock market high in December 2021, then took a substantial dip that fall, then regained most or all of its value in recent months and is now trending upward.

Yes sir that would be correct. 

21 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

If we're being honest, the stock market has been on roughly the same journey under Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Obama, Trump, and Biden, with temporary craters for the dot com bust and the global derivative meltdown, and a surprisingly small blip for Covid. 

But that wouldn’t be honest…….if we are being honest about it.   You can see for yourself if you want to check the three year returns of a Presidential Admin.  

22 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

One of my dealbreakers yes.   Not THE dealbreaker.  ONE dealbreaker.  

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Mine is up really high right now...mostly because of AI stocks.  It would be up even higher if we (or maybe another country for once) could kill all those lame pirate/terrorists that are attacking ships.

With that said...I expect a dip, a bit one, next week and crpyto is a mess and crypto stocks are a mess.  

And how in gods name is Chipotle still well over 2,000 a share??

Chipotle is Bill Ackmans Pershing Square fund’s biggest holding I believe.  

Netflix crushed its numbers and is on fire now and I expect tech to have a great earnings quarter.   The only question is if it’s already priced in.  Apple’s question will be the future of its watch and where the next growth opportunity is for the company.  

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Chipotle is Bill Ackmans Pershing Square fund’s biggest holding I believe.  

Netflix crushed its numbers and is on fire now and I expect tech to have a great earnings quarter.   The only question is if it’s already priced in.  Apple’s question will be the future of its watch and where the next growth opportunity is for the company.  

I sold off some Netflix years ago and to this day I am not sure why...stupid stupid stupid.

Apple is weird, it is clearly a giant, top 2, top 3 biggest...but it feels/seems stale.  Like you said, maybe the watch is their next growth?

• Plus1 1

11 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I sold off some Netflix years ago and to this day I am not sure why...stupid stupid stupid.

Apple is weird, it is clearly a giant, top 2, top 3 biggest...but it feels/seems stale.  Like you said, maybe the watch is their next growth?

I saw where they will try to  have an EV in 2028

• Plus1 1
47 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

But that wouldn’t be honest…….if we are being honest about it.   You can see for yourself if you want to check the three year returns of a Presidential Admin.  

I did see for myself. The 10 year cycle and the 100 year cycle. That's how you avoid making cherry-picked claims. 

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

A Trump Presidency will probably just be chaos and four years of court hearings, impeachment hearings again if Dems control things.  

He will say some stupid things and that’s all people will talk about.  He would be a one term President which isn’t ideal as incumbency has advantages in the next election.  And he has gone off the rails since Mid December 2020.  No thanks.  

As far as voting DeSantis, he is the most proven conservative politician and deserves my vote.   If it were Haley instead of Trump I would vote Haley.  If it were Christie, I would vote Christie.  
If there were a leading Dem that was against student loan forgiveness vs Trump, I would very seriously look at voting for that Dem candidate instead of writing in DeSantis.  

If it helps, I know we don't agree on much, but I do agree with you on student loan forgiveness. 

Blanket forgiveness is bad policy and stupid policy. Democrats aren't seriously interested in dealing with the rising cost of college because addressing would require extreme changes to who and how the government gives out loans. 

Looks like it's the basement for Joe again. :thumbs 2024 is going to wonderful. :sarcasm

https://www.google.com/amp/s/gazette.com/news/wex/biden-should-stay-hidden-to-win-election-van-jones-says-he-doesn-t-inspire-confidence/article_3c8b8eee-b741-5615-9a12-e192fbcb5b46.amp.html

"If I were Biden ... I would stay hidden," Jones said. "And I'll tell you why — he doesn't inspire confidence. And he's not a great messenger for himself. 

• Plus1 1
  • Worth a Look 1
  • TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election