The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

Many of the swing states had very narrow wins for Biden in 2020.  I don't think Trump picks up any more voters there.  I think he losses voters in those states due to his criminal issues as well as the abortion issue.  He can turn out his voters as much as he wants - he'll get those red states - that is a given.  But more and more thoughtful GOPers are leaving trump and they will either vote 3rd party, not vote at all for the top of the ticket or hold their nose and vote Biden - in all 3 cases Trump losses a 2020 voter.  The Arizona abortion case just tossed Arizona deeper into Biden's camp IMHO.  

Geee....which poster has been saying this for months???

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Many of the swing states had very narrow wins for Biden in 2020.  I don't think Trump picks up any more voters there.  I think he losses voters in those states due to his criminal issues as well as the abortion issue.  He can turn out his voters as much as he wants - he'll get those red states - that is a given.  But more and more thoughtful GOPers are leaving trump and they will either vote 3rd party, not vote at all for the top of the ticket or hold their nose and vote Biden - in all 3 cases Trump losses a 2020 voter.  The Arizona abortion case just tossed Arizona deeper into Biden's camp IMHO.  

Are the votes Trump loses in the states that had the most narrow margins in 2020 more than offsetting the votes Biden loses just by people moving from one district to another more populated one that was already blue?

2 hours ago, TGHusker said:

The problem is those swing states - Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Nevada - are increasing their Republican tilt. They were more Republican in 2020 than they were in 2016, and they'll be even more Republican in 2024 than they were in 2020.

Trump isn't going to win over many Biden voters, but he will handedly win low propensity disaffected voters. Combine that with an enthusiasm advantage - Biden has massive enthusiasm problems - and I see it being very difficult for him to win enough swing states to win an Electoral College victory. 

4 hours ago, knapplc said:

This is a flat-out lie, just like the lies the conservatives gave Congress before being affirmed.

Every one of them said Roe was settled case law, untouchable. And then they ruled on Dobbs, and here we are.

Ahh, but what we need to ask ourselves is what are the odds this fellow would just straight-up lie just because he thought it would help him.

I don’t know man. He seems like a pretty straight shooter. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Are the votes Trump loses in the states that had the most narrow margins in 2020 more than offsetting the votes Biden loses just by people moving from one district to another more populated one that was already blue?

This is one of the oddest little conspiracy theories out there.  This weird idea that the only people that move are D's and they move out of hotly contested areas.

I don't know one single person that has moved in the last 4 years.  But for some reason every D is moving.

Interest rates blow and home prices suck.  No one is moving.

• TBH 4
46 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

he got that angry over a 5 day suspension from the force for creeping on high school girls?   he must be working on his street cred to get a promotion in the trump campaign

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

This is one of the oddest little conspiracy theories out there.  This weird idea that the only people that move are D's and they move out of hotly contested areas.

I don't know one single person that has moved in the last 4 years.  But for some reason every D is moving.

Interest rates blow and home prices suck.  No one is moving.

Or, you know, not every D, but just a few thousand out of roughly one hundred and fifty million, or less than .0001%.

17 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

Or, you know, not every D, but just a few thousand out of roughly one hundred and fifty million, or less than .0001%.

Yes, and they all lived in red districts and moved to blue?  

You are overthinking it...you don't need to do that.  This election was over a very long time ago.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1