The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

23 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

This should maybe go into the Political Cartoon Thread because nobody should be taking this party seriously right now.

Fyq7d53acAElL4N?format=jpg&name=large

Scott and  Crispy Cream Christie are the only ones worth voting for out of that group IMHO.    I'm leaning Scott just to change the personal narrative - we don't have to always be mad and angry.   I like Christie because he isn't afraid to take on Trump head on and call things as they are.  He does have some baggage however (yes - literally and figuratively).   DeSantis is Trump light, Pence is spineless, Haley - spineless and won't take on her former boss,  Ramaswamy - no way.   All of the others - please get out of the race so the never trumpers can consolidate around one person.  

8 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Scott and  Crispy Cream Christie are the only ones worth voting for out of that group IMHO.    I'm leaning Scott just to change the personal narrative - we don't have to always be mad and angry.   I like Christie because he isn't afraid to take on Trump head on and call things as they are.  He does have some baggage however (yes - literally and figuratively).   DeSantis is Trump light, Pence is spineless, Haley - spineless and won't take on her former boss,  Ramaswamy - no way.   All of the others - please get out of the race so the never trumpers can consolidate around one person.  

Pretty much where I'm at.  But, I'm probably leaning more Christie than Scott.

4 hours ago, teachercd said:

Told everyone.

Biden vs Trump won't be close.  The people "supporting" Trump are mostly internet dudes just getting a reaction and clicks and likes.

Uh. No. That wouldn't explain Trump outpolling every other Republican candidate combined, or the fact that the 41% of American's with a favorable opinion of Trump just need to add 10% who wish he wouldn't run but would never dream of letting Joe Biden get re-elected. The people supporting Trump think he was chosen by God. True story. 

Biden's 306 to 232 electoral college win in 2020 might look like a solid mandate, but it came about with razor thin margins in a handful of zip codes. The poll above shows a highly fluctuating 5% Biden advantage in swing states a year and a half before the election. While I'm hoping your wildly premature congratulations are correct, I've learned not to underestimate the horrible judgement of our current electorate.

Remember, if Joe Biden was to trip on a sandbag and accidentally grab Eva Longoria's boob, those numbers could flip overnight.  

For the Republicans and former Republicans just waiting for a non-Trump candidate to vote for: 

The GOP has been fairly united on both local and federal levels voting for Trump endorsed policies and parroting the Fox News talking points we often mock around here. Is it simply a change of personalities you're looking for, or are there candidates that have publicly rejected the far right culture war distractions and concentrated on common sense conservative alternatives? 

Taking on Trump as a person and a cult is one thing, but how differently would they lead on the actual issues? 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 2
28 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Remember, if Joe Biden was to trip on a sandbag and accidentally grab Eva Longoria's boob, those numbers could flip overnight.  

if he would have grabbed her by the pu&&y Archy would have to change his vote to Biden

• TBH 1
38 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

For the Republicans and former Republicans just waiting for a non-Trump candidate to vote for: 

The GOP has been fairly united on both local and federal levels voting for Trump endorsed policies and parroting the Fox News talking points we often mock around here. Is it simply a change of personalities you're looking for, or are there candidates that have publicly rejected the far right culture war distractions and concentrated on common sense conservative alternatives? 

Taking on Trump as a person and a cult is one thing, but how differently would they lead on the actual issues? 

First thing's first.  We have got to rid us of Trump and people like him.  I'm not a Democrat and I've never been a big fan of some of their opinions.  So, I'm not tied to them.  If we can get a conservative party/Republicans back to being reasonable on the personal/crime level, then I will be willing to listen to them and their candidates.

Right now.....I about gag at the thought of voting Republican because, even if Christie or Scott are the nominee, we still have people like Gym Jordan, MTG, Gaetz, Bobo, McCarthy...etc in congress and a Republican President would give them even more power......which we can not have.  But, I would rather have one of these two the nominee and possibly President instead of Trump or pathetic Desantis.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

First thing's first.  We have got to rid us of Trump and people like him.  I'm not a Democrat and I've never been a big fan of some of their opinions.  So, I'm not tied to them.  If we can get a conservative party/Republicans back to being reasonable on the personal/crime level, then I will be willing to listen to them and their candidates.

Right now.....I about gag at the thought of voting Republican because, even if Christie or Scott are the nominee, we still have people like Gym Jordan, MTG, Gaetz, Bobo, McCarthy...etc in congress and a Republican President would give them even more power......which we can not have.  But, I would rather have one of these two the nominee and possibly President instead of Trump or pathetic Desantis.

:yeah Bingo!   Exactly my space.    One thing at a time.  Incrementalism as they say.  You eat an GOP elephant one bite at a time.  Get rid of cancer Trump and then Trump lite, and the spineless trumpets and cult members.  The party began the slide years ago and it will take years to get it back to where it needs to be.    And I agree - Christie may be able to use the bully pulpit more effectively against the cult members than Scott.   So a Christie/Scott ticket would be ok in my book. 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yep....20% have tears from crying and 80% have tears from laughing.

Me thinks he has a Savior Complex :dunno     I think I have read his speech before.....  I think one of his propogandist

lifted his words from a more authoritative text.....

Oh yes - here it is:  (Speaking of the true Savior)

Revelation 21:4

Rev 21:4

He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

But.....what are the issues that genuinely matter to you, and how would it be articulated in policy positions?  Maybe you could expand on the personal/crime level. 

Does your preferred candidate vote any differently than Gym Jordan? 

2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Uh. No. That wouldn't explain Trump outpolling every other Republican candidate combined, or the fact that the 41% of American's with a favorable opinion of Trump just need to add 10% who wish he wouldn't run but would never dream of letting Joe Biden get re-elected. The people supporting Trump think he was chosen by God. True story. 

Biden's 306 to 232 electoral college win in 2020 might look like a solid mandate, but it came about with razor thin margins in a handful of zip codes. The poll above shows a highly fluctuating 5% Biden advantage in swing states a year and a half before the election. While I'm hoping your wildly premature congratulations are correct, I've learned not to underestimate the horrible judgement of our current electorate.

I get what you’re saying, but those polls don’t matter… Those people are not gonna go vote they were just talking. You’re going to see super low, voter turn out on the Republican side if it’s Trump.  

• Plus1 2
  • TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election