The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Congrats and welcome to the party.  Now you understand why your comparison was, shall we politely say, not the greatest.  

you tried to make the comparison not me.  I just let you know why it doesn’t work.  Don’t shoot the messenger:lol:

Do I really need to explain it to you? If I do, you should probably get that looked at.  But since you haven’t gotten it yet, a government mandate to save/invest/spend money and maintain your own personal retirement plan vs a government mandate to purchase health insurance and maintain a personal health insurance plan.

Still? Nothing? Synapses not firing?  Boy I guess you schooled me :lol:

“I don't think that the government should ever be stepping in to the place of the parents in helping to move their children through a process where those children are confused or concerned about their gender," Christie said defending minors access to sex change procedures…

I agree. The Republicans have overstepped their bounds. Not that I like Christie.

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, nic said:

“I don't think that the government should ever be stepping in to the place of the parents in helping to move their children through a process where those children are confused or concerned about their gender," Christie said defending minors access to sex change procedures…

I agree. The Republicans have overstepped their bounds. Not that I like Christie.

Wow. Pigs flew today.

• Oh Yeah! 1
12 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Wow. Pigs flew today.

To round it out, I don't want teachers/admins/coaches/etc secretly helping kids with gender identity issues. Maybe a school counselor gets involved when a kid comes forward and notifies the parents of the issue. I think this is a decision made by parents, the kid, doctors and mental health professionals that should not be taken lightly. My gut feeling is that the use of puberty blockers and surgery for young kids is not going to end well. In some cases it may not even address the underlying issues. That said, I do not have kids with gender dysphoria and have not talked with any families I know that have kids that are transitioning or have transitioned. 

• Plus1 1
24 minutes ago, nic said:

To round it out, I don't want teachers/admins/coaches/etc secretly helping kids with gender identity issues. Maybe a school counselor gets involved when a kid comes forward and notifies the parents of the issue. I think this is a decision made by parents, the kid, doctors and mental health professionals that should not be taken lightly. My gut feeling is that the use of puberty blockers and surgery for young kids is not going to end well. In some cases it may not even address the underlying issues. That said, I do not have kids with gender dysphoria and have not talked with any families I know that have kids that are transitioning or have transitioned. 

What happens when a kid approaches a teacher with this issue and the teacher/counselor knows the parent's are a major issue with this that is a real threat to the wellbeing of the kid?  The counselor needs to have the freedom to discuss these issues with the kid without being required to tell everything to the parents.  I know that makes many people very uncomfortable.  But, those people aren't thinking about the reality that some kids live in at home.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

The strategy to track even farther to the right of Trump in the hopes of wooing his cult members has been an epic blunder.  They're never going leave the Trump tent even when it's pitched in prison.  Plus he has the charisma of a dead fish so there's that.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

The strategy to track even farther to the right of Trump in the hopes of wooing his cult members has been an epic blunder.  They're never going leave the Trump tent even when it's pitched in prison.  Plus he has the charisma of a dead fish so there's that.  

This is so true.  He gambled on being even more right than Trump....without the crazy and legal baggage.  What he didn't take into consideration is that the cult of Trump doesn't allow those people to just jump ship to someone else.  They are devoted to Trump.  Not America.  Not the Republican Party.  Not the rule of law.  Not really even any ideology.  They are strictly devoted to Trump and Trump only.

He needed to try to win over everyone else but Trump supporters.  Instead, he did nothing but turn them off.

• Plus1 2
16 hours ago, nic said:

I have taught for 20 plus years and we have a lot of other teachers on this site...I bet we have 100+ years of teaching kids and combined have taught over thousands of students...

I have not had one student, in all that time, that was a girl who wanted to be a boy.

I feel like parents can handle this one...not the government. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1
7 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I have taught for 20 plus years and we have a lot of other teachers on this site...I bet we have 100+ years of teaching kids and combined have taught over thousands of students...

I have not had one student, in all that time, that was a girl who wanted to be a boy.

I feel like parents can handle this one...not the government. 

It is such a rare situation that it's asinine to think now the whole world needs to get involved with telling everyone how it's supposed to be handled.  Let people involved handle it however they see fit for the individual situation.  Every situation is different and needs to be handled differently.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 1
  • TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election