***** Official Election Game Day Thread *****

5 minutes ago, knapplc said:

trump is to blame for fomenting the violence he foments. Full stop. He stands on a podium blaming the Michigan governor for a plot to kill her, he calls white supremacists "very fine people," he's led a "lock her up" chant against his political opponents for two straight elections, he rants against the press using Stalinistic rhetoric. No other candidate does that. You can't deflect from the words that come out of his mouth.

And those words have consequences, as we saw in 2016.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/11/14/502013652/hundreds-of-hateful-incidents-reported-in-wake-of-trumps-victory

https://www.splcenter.org/20161129/ten-days-after-harassment-and-intimidation-aftermath-election

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-rally-bbc-cameraman-attacked-el-paso-texas-fake-news-media-a8774926.html

So go burn down Trump tower. Or one of his golf courses.... It's not the fault of small business owners, or large corporations like Target, etc.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

My wife and I did early voting on Friday in Tulsa.  Stood in line for 2 hours to get it done.   Great feeling.

Today as I drove by a church that is a polling place on the way to work around 7:30 - I saw that the parking lot, lawn, was full of cars - people are out voting and that is a good thing. 

Trump will win Okla without any problems.  The Dems hope to take Oklahoma County (OKC) to win one of 77 counties.

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Lots of people I've talked to in Lincoln are reporting long lines to vote.

Could be a historic turnout. You love to see it. This country takes voting for granted way too often.

Now if we could do this every election, that'd be awesome. 

• Plus1 3
19 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Which side is doing the peaceful protesting and which side is doing all the destructing? 

Just to be clear, you're suggesting that the left isn't responsible for any public destruction, or the locking down of sections of a major city?

19 minutes ago, knapplc said:

What?

Oh, boy.

Well, I've got a business to run, and employees waiting on me.  I'll check in with everyone later!

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Just to be clear, you're suggesting that the left isn't responsible for any public destruction, or the locking down of sections of a major city?

Oh, boy.

All this because you took offense to a reporter's use of the word "husky."

Someone seems tense. Try some chamomile tea. It soothes the nerves.

6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

All this because you took offense to a reporter's use of the word "husky."

Someone seems tense. Try some chamomile tea. It soothes the nerves.

Offense? I found it comical.

I love how much effort you put into trying to frame me as a Trump supporter. I don't give two s#!ts who wins this election, and I prefer passion flower for stress.

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I love how much effort you put into trying to frame me as a Trump supporter. I don't give two s#!ts who wins this election

Yep, after today, we will be hard pressed to find anyone who actually admits to have been a Trump supporter.

• Plus1 1