***** Official Election Game Day Thread *****

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I like him too. But, what would make him UN Ambassador?

At the very base, his experience is much more in line with previous UN Ambassadors, including experience in foreign affairs and he is a rising star in the Democratic party. 

2 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

At the very base, his experience is much more in line with previous UN Ambassadors, including experience in foreign affairs and he is a rising star in the Democratic party. 

Because he was in the military?  Does that really qualify someone for UN Ambassador?

I would prefer someone who actually has some experience in the State Department or at least studied the subject of foreign affairs.

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Because he was in the military?  Does that really qualify someone for UN Ambassador?

I would prefer someone who actually has some experience in the State Department or at least studied the subject of foreign affairs.

That, and he has studied abroad and worked with foreign governments and companies in the private sector. This accounts for more relevant experience than anyone who has officially held the office under Trump's administration. 

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

That, and he has studied abroad and worked with foreign governments and companies in the private sector. This accounts for more relevant experience than anyone who has officially held the office under Trump's administration. 

Which is pretty f#&%ing sad.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
11 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

For years I didn't think Republicans were bad people but it's really hard to keep thinking that way. I just don't understand how anyone continues to be willing to associate with the party. This is ridiculous. In Omaha early voting the power went off for an hour and immediately with no fuss they extended the voting hours by 4 hours the following day. But NC is heavy GOP so they have to make a big deal out of it and try to stop it.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Just cannot believe it- everywhere we look the GOP is making it harder for people to vote.  Like I said in my post yesterday, this is contrary to our core principles as a democracy.  The voter intimidation, suppression is voter terrorism as far as I'm concerned. It is totally opposite of our values.  When will the day come when we like the Iraqis from a decade ago will be proud to have ink on our finger signifying that we voted but also make us a target of attack.   Trump has made us into that kind of nation.

• Plus1 4