Biden's America

59 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I must have forgot how the Middle East was on fire 2017-2020.   Or when the border encounters averaged 250,000 A MONTH 2017-2020  Weird times, man 

the middle east was on fire then also.   syria, us  "bombing the hell" out of isis, we lost troops in yemen, we assassinated an iranian general and they bombed  of our bases in iraq, we abandoned our kurdish allies and let turkey destroy them, i know we lost troops in at least 1 other country but i can't recall it and it might have been in africa.   we were still fighting in afghanistan also.   it was not as peaceful as you want to pretend it was

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 3

6 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Pick out your stats and miss the point all day bud. Knock yourself out.

Well, the middle east is worse right now than it was before, so that part is pretty accurate.  But if that is a trump/biden issue, well, probably not.  Those people are nuts.  

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Well, the middle east is worse right now than it was before, so that part is pretty accurate.  But if that is a trump/biden issue, well, probably not.  Those people are nuts.  

The middle east was not peaceful under Trump. That was the BS that was trying to be sold.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The middle east was not peaceful under Trump. That was the BS that was trying to be sold.

I agree...but it clearly sucks more now.

That place has never been peaceful, those people are insane.

It has always sucked and will probably always suck in the future. 

I don't think it really matters about the President in the US, I think it was just something that got worse while Joe was in office but it doesn't really have anything to do with Joe being in office. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
13 minutes ago, commando said:

the middle east was on fire then also.   syria, us  "bombing the hell" out of isis, we lost troops in yemen, we assassinated an iranian general and they bombed  of our bases in iraq, we abandoned our kurdish allies and let turkey destroy them, i know we lost troops in at least 1 other country but i can't recall it and it might have been in africa.   we were still fighting in afghanistan also.   it was not as peaceful as you want to pretend it was

Not to mention in no particular order... US troops in direct contact with Syrian and Russian forces. Turkey invaded Syria. Saudi Arabia bombed the hell out of Yemen. US bombing Iranian backed milita in Iraq that led to US embassy being burned...

Nevermind Trump's Israeli policy (not Israeli Palestinian, because it was completely one sided) did nothing to deescalate the region, and probably help push us to where we are now. Recognized Jerusalem as the capital, move the US embassy, unrecognized Palestinian territories, recognized Israeli settlements, etc.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 2

11 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I agree...but it clearly sucks more now.

That place has never been peaceful, those people are insane.

It has always sucked and will probably always suck in the future. 

I don't think it really matters about the President in the US, I think it was just something that got worse while Joe was in office but it doesn't really have anything to do with Joe being in office. 

Agree.  And, it's not going to miraculously go away if Trump were back in office.

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

World-renowned international diplomacy expert Jared Kushner was busy "negotiating" a Middle East peace deal he never delivered. But hey, at least he pocked $2B from the Saudis for himself. Between that and all the Chinese trademarks Ivanka was granted when Daddy was president, they made out quite well for themselves.

I would love to hear the conservative case on these issues, though. Was being to announce Jared the great negotiator was on the case good enough? Or perhaps just letting Bibi be a corrupt right-wing asshat and take whatever his ultra right-wing caucus wanted by force is "peaceful" by con standards because he and Don were buddies? I know they LOVED the decision to relocate our embassy to Jerusalem, but what is the case that any of this was considered "peaceful" rather than the ongoing violent conflict that has wracked the region for literally decades?

Likewise with the southern border. Is kids in cages sufficient to solve our problem? Turning people back into Mexico? Some of those psychos in the previous administration wanted to just straight up shoot migrants as a deterrent. Trump suggested shooting them in the leg to slow them down, as well as firing missiles into Mexico to target drug labs.  I get that most people think our immigration system is upside down and don't like illegal immigration, but a lot of cons just seem to want tougher enforcement. They don't care about doing the hard things to actually address the situation as long as they get harsh enforcement (for some, outright cruelty is the point) so they can feel good.

Again, conservatives are deeply unserious.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2
22 minutes ago, teachercd said:

There's a whole swath of people who unironically think Joe Biden personally made gas prices and inflation go up himself.

I'm guessing a lot of the same folks think the Middle East is the way it is now because Brandon personally ordered that Palestinian attack on Israel.

That our society has become "any problem is fine if you can dunk on the other party with it" speaks super duper poorly to America's civic education system. For that I personally blame you, sir.

• Oh Yeah! 1

16 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

World-renowned international diplomacy expert Jared Kushner was busy "negotiating" a Middle East peace deal he never delivered. But hey, at least he pocked $2B from the Saudis for himself. Between that and all the Chinese trademarks Ivanka was granted when Daddy was president, they made out quite well for themselves.

I would love to hear the conservative case on these issues, though. Was being to announce Jared the great negotiator was on the case good enough? Or perhaps just letting Bibi be a corrupt right-wing asshat and take whatever his ultra right-wing caucus wanted by force is "peaceful" by con standards because he and Don were buddies? I know they LOVED the decision to relocate our embassy to Jerusalem, but what is the case that any of this was considered "peaceful" rather than the ongoing violent conflict that has wracked the region for literally decades?

Likewise with the southern border. Is kids in cages sufficient to solve our problem? Turning people back into Mexico? Some of those psychos in the previous administration wanted to just straight up shoot migrants as a deterrent. Trump suggested shooting them in the leg to slow them down, as well as firing missiles into Mexico to target drug labs.  I get that most people think our immigration system is upside down and don't like illegal immigration, but a lot of cons just seem to want tougher enforcement. They don't care about doing the hard things to actually address the situation as long as they get harsh enforcement (for some, outright cruelty is the point) so they can feel good.

Again, conservatives are deeply unserious.

:yeah

They want to simplify this down to sound bites and Fox News talking head points.  These issues are very complicated.

Example:  Yes, Trump allowed Bibi to do whatever he wanted and then moved our embassy to Jerusalem.  That pissed off the Arab world.  That anger takes time to fester.  So, how much of the Palestinian anger from that lead to their attack on Israel under Joe?

9 minutes ago, commando said:

do you see that ? at the end of the sentence?   do you have any idea what that means?

Just asking since most questions don’t start with “because”.  

If it is indeed a question, the answer would clearly be no.   

• Plus1 1

If I’m reading correctly, the reason the Middle East is a disaster right now and the southern border is Bigly out of control three years into a Presidential Administration is…………But but but but Trump:facepalm:.   Strange, but ok.   

• TBH 1