Biden's America

52 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

But, I would guess there's probably some strict rules they need to abide by.  Like, maybe they can apprehend someone they see committing a crime, but an actual police officer would then need to be called and make the arrest.

I wonder what the rules are around if they end up actually shooting someone.

What happened at Kent State...?

Here's my question... So there were three pretty high profile attacks. I wouldn't necessarily call it a spike or surge yet, but there does need to be a message sent that it won't be tolerate and the city is looking out for commuters. The mayor of NYC is former NYPD himself, so where the heck are the police and what are they doing???

58 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Here's my question... So there were three pretty high profile attacks. I wouldn't necessarily call it a spike or surge yet, but there does need to be a message sent that it won't be tolerate and the city is looking out for commuters. The mayor of NYC is former NYPD himself, so where the heck are the police and what are they doing???

All good questions.  And, yes, it's good the city is trying to keep people safe.  It just seems like a situation where some guardsmen could find themselves in hot water if strict rules of engagement aren't kept.

8 hours ago, ZRod said:

A bunch of high school kids and college kids were getting high as f#&% and partying?  

Sounds like a blast!

3 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

You Pro-Pally nuts better get your s#!t together because THIS will cost Joe the election.  

• Plus1 1

36 minutes ago, teachercd said:

A bunch of high school kids and college kids were getting high as f#&% and partying?  

Sounds like a blast!

You Pro-Pally nuts better get your s#!t together because THIS will cost Joe the election.  

Kent read, Kent write, Kent remember what I did last night, Kent State.

• Fire 2
7 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Wow, JB on fire tonight!

I did not think he would talk that much about Ukraine and now nailing J6!

You're not actually watching the SOTU address. Please tell us you're not actually factually watching that.

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

You're not actually watching the SOTU address. Please tell us you're not actually factually watching that.

I am!  On CBS!

Anyone else HATE the state of the union when you were a kid because it meant that NOTHING else would be on?!?!?

Ugggg, he did the "trickle down economics doesn't work" bit.  BAD MOVE

6 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

Kent read, Kent write, Kent remember what I did last night, Kent State.

I think the most iconic picture from Kent State is of a 15 year HS girl that was there partying and got shot.  Crazy!

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Bernie going HARD with the mask!  Wow

Anyone who isn’t seriously immunocompromised wearing a mask in 2024 is nuts. It is nice because if I’m at the grocery store/etc I know to immediately avoid that person. 

• Plus1 1

Yikes, maybe saying that meds are cheaper in Moscow was not such a good idea when you are trying to be "hard on the commies" but he recovered nicely. 

Just now, Decked said:

Anyone who isn’t seriously immunocompromised wearing a mask in 2024 is nuts. 

Right???

Just stay home or "take the huge risk" and be normal.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Yikes, maybe saying that meds are cheaper in Moscow was not such a good idea when you are trying to be "hard on the commies" but he recovered nicely. 

Right???

Just stay home or "take the huge risk" and be normal.

I stopped wearing one as soon as I got vaccinated when the first shots came out. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
1 minute ago, Decked said:

I stopped wearing one as soon as I got vaccinated. 

I kept wearing them for as long as we had to.  I got vaxxed and still wore one because we were told to wear one and because I am one of those big talkers but also super compliant in the end.

I say I will never wear one again but honestly, I will if they tell me I have to wear one.

• Plus1 1