Biden's America

58 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Why would I trust a site who's front page is entirely full of Biden, Hillary, and Dem bashing? I mean even CNN can put a fluff piece in about Sass, or McCain, a Bush, or Mitch.

Also this crew member with a bad captain seems to be the antithesis of everything you complain about from the supposed liberal mob in this forum. All his articles are anti-left, anti-Mueller, anti-Biden Harris. He seems like a disgruntled old man.

I get that you know this and it’s schtick for you, but for the rest of the crowd...Comparing a blog site like RedState or DailyBeast or HuffPo or Daily Caller or Mother Jones to CNN is quite stupid.  CNN claims to be unbiased down the middle straight news.  It’s not.

The others openly admit they write from a slanted point of view and sometimes you can get stories from them that are newsworthy.  It’s why I’m careful with when and how often I cite them on stories.  There is a bias in the reporting, but sometimes the story is told on sites like these before larger news orgs pick them up. 

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I get that you know this and it’s schtick for you, but for the rest of the crowd...Comparing a blog site like RedState or DailyBeast or HuffPo or Daily Caller or Mother Jones to CNN is quite stupid.  CNN claims to be unbiased down the middle straight news.  It’s not.

The others openly admit they write from a slanted point of view and sometimes you can get stories from them that are newsworthy.  It’s why I’m careful with when and how often I cite them on stories.  There is a bias in the reporting, but sometimes the story is told on sites like these before larger news orgs pick them up. 

K. So if they are unabashedly anit-insert party here it's ok? There's probably a point in there somewhere with their anti-whatever leaning you just gotta make sure it's a good point, right?

I don't post anything from HuffPo, DailyBeast, MJ, etc. Because it's usually borderline trash.

34 minutes ago, ZRod said:

K. So if they are unabashedly anit-insert party here it's ok? There's probably a point in there somewhere with their anti-whatever leaning you just gotta make sure it's a good point, right?

I don't post anything from HuffPo, DailyBeast, MJ, etc. Because it's usually borderline trash.

If a story is straightforward and true, does it matter where it comes from?  

speaking of the actual story, are you fine with DOJ fining companies for misdeeds and also demanding said companies donate to private organizations as part of the restitution?  

What does Gibson violating an import law have to do with mandating they pay a donation to a US wildlife fund?  Seems like a straightforward law story to me. 

• Plus1 1

18 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Betsy DeVos is out of government. It just occurred to me.

This is so awesome. 

And Ben Carson is out of HUD.  Could never figure out that one - why he wasn't surgeon general but was placed over the sprawling HUD dept of which he had no experience

other than being a 'cover' for trump's racists policies 

• Plus1 2
Just now, TGHusker said:

And Ben Carson is out of HUD.  Could never figure out that one - why he wasn't surgeon general but was placed over the sprawling HUD dept of which he had no experience

Carson was a useful idiot for trump, but he fit the pattern of putting people in mismatched positions. Most of trump's appointees either worked in a field they had little experience in, or they headed a department they were openly hostile to.

The goal was chaos across government, so right-wingers could perpetuate their belief in the dysfunction of all government.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
5 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Carson was a useful idiot for trump, but he fit the pattern of putting people in mismatched positions. Most of trump's appointees either worked in a field they had little experience in, or they headed a department they were openly hostile to.

The goal was chaos across government, so right-wingers could perpetuate their belief in the dysfunction of all government.

Yep makes perfect sense and also - Trump always wanted to be the 'smartest person in the room'.  He was threatened by experts whether they be military, intelligence or other.  Thus his 'I know more than all of the generals" or "More than the Doctors" or more than the "Intelligence Depts" type of statements.  A small mind with an even  weaker emotional temperament led to the chaos we had this past 4 years.   Rick Perry was another good example - over energy.  Basically he was pro- energy and let the environment be damned. Even more so with Scott Pruitt over the EPA and as you note below, the Anti education, education sec DeVoss.  

By the way, Carson was no idiot- we know he was a very smart and capable man in his area of expertise.  He did make a stupid decision for signing on to his role as HUD sec - so you could say he was idiotic for that decision and for remaining Trump's stooge / yes man once he had the taste of authority.  Maybe power / authority got to him.  

• Plus1 2
12 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

And those would be...

• Plus1 1