Biden's America

Listening to the radio on my lunch break today I heard them say that the president was signing numerous executive orders. I immediately shuttered, then remembered that cheeto hitler is gone and nearly got emotional.

This country is still broken beyond belief, but I at least have hope again that we may make it respectable.

• Plus1 2

11 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

This isn’t very nice of Dear Leader on his first day.  Unity out the window I guess

One of Biden's primary responsibilities as he settles in as President is to undo the damage done by Trump. That includes getting rid of corrupt cronies that Trump appointed. Drain the swamp, as it were. 

Just hearing the name of the agency: US Agency for Global Media, and knowing Trump's disdain for journalism and only being appreciative of pro-Trump propaganda, in addition to his well-known record of propping up unqualified and/or corrupt stooges into important positions, should create enough doubt on its own about this guy staying in his position. But here is some more information about Michael Pack; he sounds like a typical Trump appointee for sure. 

https://www.npr.org/sections/inauguration-day-live-updates/2021/01/20/958875488/voice-of-america-ceo-pack-defined-by-scandal-resigns-at-bidens-request

NPR conducted scores of interviews over the controversies Pack's actions engendered. And few at the agency or its broadcasters agreed with Pack's characterization of his mission or performance, instead characterizing him as seeking political control over their coverage. Just last week, a VOA reporter's insistent questions to then-Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and VOA Director Robert R. Reilly over the siege on Congress after a public event led to her demotion and an investigation.

Pack routinely accused journalists of anti-Trump bias, sought to fire top executives as part of a "deep state," ominously accused the networks of being receptive to foreign spies and denied requests for visa extensions from his own staffers who are foreign nationals.

He initiated investigations over the bias claims, reaching into Voice of America's newsroom in ways a federal judge said broke the law and the First Amendment. Pack hired a Richmond, Va., law firm to investigate top U.S. Agency for Global Media executives after already seeking to oust them; new allegations, backed by correspondence reviewed by NPR, suggest he paid more than $2 million to that firm to conduct such reviews. (The lead partner on the investigation, John D. Adams, was a law clerk to U.S. Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, the subject of a sympathetic 2020 documentary by Pack.) Pack even fired White House aides assigned to help him by the Trump administration, suspecting them of disloyalty.

Throughout, he kept all but a small circle of advisers in the dark as to what he was doing. Former U.S. Agency for Global Media general counsel David Kligerman said the agency would have to work hard to put a "terrible chapter" behind it. Kligerman, who resigned late last month, had been suspended by Pack in August, along with other senior executives after Pack was unable to fire them more immediately.

"Pack seemed only to know how to destroy," Kligerman wrote in a statement to NPR, citing the CEO's record of "firing or otherwise pushing out so many talented journalists, network heads, grantee board members, and civil servants."

• Plus1 3

17 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Yeah, let me keep an eye on an article from a site called redstate written by an author named... Checks notes... Shipwreckedcrew.

Check his background first and then decide he’s a worthless piece of crap.  You will be surprised at what you find.  

5 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Funny you rarely talk about that god, but you constantly extol the virtues of the spray-tanned calf you erected while America wandered in the desert the past four years.

I never erected a spray tanned calf.   And that took all night to come up with?!?!   Come on Man

• Plus1 1
17 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Check his background first and then decide he’s a worthless piece of crap.  You will be surprised at what you find.  

I never erected a spray tanned calf.   And that took all night to come up with?!?!   Come on Man

Why would I trust a site who's front page is entirely full of Biden, Hillary, and Dem bashing? I mean even CNN can put a fluff piece in about Sass, or McCain, a Bush, or Mitch.

Also this crew member with a bad captain seems to be the antithesis of everything you complain about from the supposed liberal mob in this forum. All his articles are anti-left, anti-Mueller, anti-Biden Harris. He seems like a disgruntled old man.

• Plus1 3

So glad Cheeto god is gone, however- there is a reason that the founding fathers worked to have checks and balances and a weakened executive branch. Our nation was not created to be ruled by the whims of any single individual. While I know Biden needs to issue these executive orders to undue the damage of the Trump administration, I will not be opposed if congress gets off its hindquarters to reign in the role of the president and executive orders during this administration. (Unfortunately we know that passing them under a Democratic admin is the only way any republican would ever vote in favor). Of course this would mean that congress itself would have to actually, you know, do their damn job, once these changes pass. 

• Plus1 3