Biden's America

1 hour ago, suh_fan93 said:

I always have to laugh to myself each time I see a Clay Travis post. 

He is sort. of the (old) version of Howard Stern but for sports talk.  I don't really like him, but most national guys don't do it for me with the exception of Jim Rome who might be one of the best at doing conducting interviews ever. 

• Plus1 1

12 minutes ago, teachercd said:

He is sort. of the (old) version of Howard Stern but for sports talk.  I don't really like him, but most national guys don't do it for me with the exception of Jim Rome who might be one of the best at doing conducting interviews ever. 

I tried listening to Jim Rome years ago when I drove a lot for my job.  Couldn't stand the guy.

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I tried listening to Jim Rome years ago when I drove a lot for my job.  Couldn't stand the guy.

So his act can get old and his callers can get old but he does great interviews.

He used to have Frost on a lot and some other Husker guys.  I have not heard Rome in a few years now.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, commando said:

the people spreading disinformation hate the idea.

People spreading disinformation probably believe the information....unless it's Russia... but even then if they say it enough they might start to believe it. I am pretty sure Putin believes there are Nazis running Ukraine. :waste

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Student loan debt cancellation by the government is stupid.  

Agree.

What they need to be working on is making college cheaper.  If they forgive debt without making it cheaper, it just rewards these schools that are charging ridiculous amounts of money for their education.

• Plus1 1
41 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Agree.

What they need to be working on is making college cheaper.  If they forgive debt without making it cheaper, it just rewards these schools that are charging ridiculous amounts of money for their education.

I agree but how?

Besides the obvious of "live at home" and/or "Go to CC first"

Like, professors are not going to take pay cuts and if you start paying new profs less...they just won't get a PhD and now you don't have as many professors. 

I don't know what you do to get the cost down at a national level.  Individually there are things people can do for themselves.  But that is not really the answer, I don't think. 

Does that just bring us back to "raise taxes?" 

19 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I agree but how?

Besides the obvious of "live at home" and/or "Go to CC first"

Like, professors are not going to take pay cuts and if you start paying new profs less...they just won't get a PhD and now you don't have as many professors. 

I don't know what you do to get the cost down at a national level.  Individually there are things people can do for themselves.  But that is not really the answer, I don't think. 

Does that just bring us back to "raise taxes?" 

If you look at Nebraska and the level the legislature was funding UNL when I went to school compared to what it is now, it's like night and day.  Basically, state governments have stopped funding these schools due to budgetary issues.  Bring that back.  Admittedly, college is more expensive now compared to then (even if you account for inflation) due to all the technology they have to buy and pay for now compared to then.  However, the expense has shifted from states funding these state schools to all of it falling on students.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

If you look at Nebraska and the level the legislature was funding UNL when I went to school compared to what it is now, it's like night and day.  Basically, state governments have stopped funding these schools due to budgetary issues.  Bring that back.  Admittedly, college is more expensive now compared to then (even if you account for inflation) due to all the technology they have to buy and pay for now compared to then.  However, the expense has shifted from states funding these state schools to all of it falling on students.

Yeah, that is a good point. 

23 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

I wasn't sure where to put this. It could go in a bunch of threads from the past few days. 

Of course, I haven't read all 18k replies, but the feelings and responses represented are interesting to read. 

Extremes on both sides have ruined it and I don’t see a way back to the middle. 

• Plus1 1