Biden's America

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

LOL.  I said "on" and the FDA said "near." 

The plant was shut down - correctly - due to cronobacter bacteria contamination. On, near, adjacent to, by... whatever.

That bacteria kills babies. It was in the plant. End of story.

Seems it wasn’t a lie that you quite clearly said was a lie.   

The plant could have been restarted much earlier, now the story can end. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Good thing I spoke in facts :dunno

Nothing in the timeline of the investigation said the plant should have been open at any time. You putting your opinion on that timeline isn't a fact.

But, because it'll be funny, feel free to quote "from the investigation" when the plant "could have" restarted. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2

What I’ve learned from archy today;

Obviously baby formula production facilities with cronobacter bacteria near production lines should be open and running. Can’t see where that poses a problem unless it is on the line.

68d2481b49f852765ec3a30fab332c1b_w200.gi

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

I am actually pretty knowledgeable about food safety issues in USDA and FDA inspected facilities. I can tell you as a fact that there is absolutely no difference between near, on, in, by or whatever. If there is deadly bacteria present inside the facility it is a problem. Everyday, sometimes multiple times per day, they swab random surfaces, many of which are not on actual production lines, and test them. Any positives generate additional cleanup and trigger even more swab tests before production is allowed to commence. Too many positives and they will tag out the whole facility and nothing can be produced anywhere in it. I’ve seen it happen quite a few times. And this is for fairly innocuous things like salmonella and E Coli. I’m not familiar with campobacter but it’s my understanding that listeria and clostridium botulinum are more serious than salmonella. I can only imagine that the protocols for a deadly bacteria in an FDA inspected baby formula facility are even more stringent than your typical food processing facility, as they should be.

As a side note, most of these places know the bacterias exist in their facility. They clean the best they can and rotate their chemical protocols to reduce chances of developing resistance but every day they hold their breath and hope that the random swab locations are negative locations.

• Thanks 6
1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

What I’ve learned from archy today;

Obviously baby formula production facilities with cronobacter bacteria near production lines should be open and running. Can’t see where that poses a problem unless it is on the line.

68d2481b49f852765ec3a30fab332c1b_w200.gi

Per usual you have learned nothing and just want some narrative to follow in order to disagree with someone you have disdain for.   That’s fine, just call it what it is.  I never advocated for the plant to be open while it had a bacteria present in the plant close to production.   You know that but for some reason posted what you posted :dunno

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Per usual you have learned nothing and just want some narrative to follow in order to disagree with someone you have disdain for.   That’s fine, just call it what it is.  I never advocated for the plant to be open while it had a bacteria present in the plant close to production.   You know that but for some reason posted what you posted :dunno

When was the plant cleared of the deadly bacteria? 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

I am actually pretty knowledgeable about food safety issues in USDA and FDA inspected facilities. I can tell you as a fact that there is absolutely no difference between near, on, in, by or whatever. If there is deadly bacteria present inside the facility it is a problem.

This is hard for a Trump fan to understand, since Trump wanted to get rid of the FDA entirely.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Maybe I misunderstood your claim that the facility could’ve/should’ve been opened and operating sooner. Whose fault would you say it is that didn’t happen? The company that apparently failed to eliminate the deadly bacteria from within their facility or the government oversight that wouldn’t allow them to produce in an unclean environment?

I’ve personally been in food facilities that were responsibly managed and cleaned very well but were closed by choice because newer state of the art facilities made it easier to keep bacteria at bay. Possibly Abbot determined that facility wasn’t worth the extra effort or hassle :dunno

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Ask the FDA.  Wouldn’t that be something worth telling the public :dunno

We have their report. They cleared it when it was clean. Those are the facts.

You're the one who claims it should have been opened sooner. You were supposed to link to anything that shows it should have been open before the Feds cleared it. Where's that link?      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2