Biden's America

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

We have their report. They cleared it when it was clean. Those are the facts.

You're the one who claims it should have been opened sooner. You were supposed to link to anything that shows it should have been open before the Feds cleared it. Where's that link?      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Are you telling me the facility was just now clean as of a week ago? 

• Plus1 2

4 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Maybe I misunderstood your claim that the facility could’ve/should’ve been opened and operating sooner.

You probably did.  

4 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

The company that apparently failed to eliminate the deadly bacteria from within their facility or the government oversight that wouldn’t allow them

It’s the company’s fault they got shutdown if the bacteria was present anywhere near the production line.  It’s the FDA’s fault if they didn’t approve opening of the plant when the plant was clean, especially considering the issue the baby’s has didn’t come from the plant as proven by the investigation by the government.  

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

You probably did.  

It’s the company’s fault they got shutdown if the bacteria was present anywhere near the production line.  It’s the FDA’s fault if they didn’t approve opening of the plant when the plant was clean, especially considering the issue the baby’s has didn’t come from the plant as proven by the investigation by the government.  

So, you claim the FDA screwed up by not allowing it to reopen. When was it clean?

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, you claim the FDA screwed up by not allowing it to reopen. When was it clean?

As I said before, ask the FDA, wouldn’t that be good for public knowledge?

We do know that in March Abbott’s products were not responsible for the babies unfortunate deaths and illness.  Why couldn’t production then continue at that point as the thought the products did play a role is why the plant was shut down.  

• Plus1 1
27 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

At least you admit you don't know, and all this "should have opened sooner" stuff was your opinion.

Thanks for clearing that up.

• Plus1 3

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

At least you admit you don't know, and all this "should have opened sooner" stuff was your opinion.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I don’t work for the plant nor the FDA, those entities did know in March the products weren’t responsible:dunno  might have been a good time to open back up.   

glad that could be cleared up for you.   Always here to help

• Plus1 1
43 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

We do know that in March Abbott’s products were not responsible for the babies unfortunate deaths and illness.  Why couldn’t production then continue at that point as the thought the products did play a role is why the plant was shut down.  

If the EPA comes into my plant and finds a violation, they notify us and then it's our job to clean it up and notify them that it's taken care of.

Again, you're openly blaming the FDA for this.  But, it appears that you don't have enough information to make that claim.

• Plus1 2
21 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

If the EPA comes into my plant and finds a violation, they notify us and then it's our job to clean it up and notify them that it's taken care of.

Again, you're openly blaming the FDA for this.  But, it appears that you don't have enough information to make that claim.

The products were recalled based on 4 reports of babies getting sick or dying because of the baby formula made in that particular plant.   

As early as March, if not earlier, it was known that those products WERE NOT responsible for the reported illness and death.  If the plant had some violations, they absolutely should correct them.  But it seems those violations did not affect product quality.  Should the plant have stayed closed when there were no product safety issues and a baby formula shortage?  In my humble opinion no.   It’s the FDA/CDC that says when they can open.  So….

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Should the plant have stayed closed when there were no product safety issues and a baby formula shortage?

But, there were safety issues at the plant because the bacteria was found there.  It's then the company's job to clean it up and prove to the FDA that it's clean and ready to be open.

• Plus1 2
27 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Since we are using your plant as an explainer for the Abbott case, When has the EPA heard of a complaint about your plant that caused a complete shutdown only to realize your plant wasn’t the actual cause of the issue and how long did it take them to allow your plant to reopen?  That might give us some foresight into how long Abbott plant should have been closed.   

• Plus1 1