Biden's America

12 hours ago, nic said:

That’s a good thing. Competition. Let’s see how he does.

Probably won't be good. It's taken Tesla 18 years to make a profit, and the only reason they were profitable in 2021 is because of emissions credits they sold to other OEMs and selling off Bitcoin (remember how he definitely didn't manipulate the price of Bitcoin with his tweets). Something most people might not know, Tesla would be dead last in initial quality if they didn't pull their vehicles out of JD Powers (and they also have a poor reliability score).

Also, not sure if you noticed but Tesla released autopilot in 2014, it's still in beta to this day and other OEMs are catching up with it rapidly. They will likely surpass it in the next 5 years. Elon has a long track record of over promising and under delivering (Model S ramp up, Model 3 launch, Tesla Semis, Tesla Truck, Hyperloop, his tunnels, solar roofs, etc.). Tesla is really just a hype machine owned by a guy who has enough eff u money that it can never really fail. Sound familiar?

17 hours ago, ZRod said:

Probably won't be good. It's taken Tesla 18 years to make a profit, and the only reason they were profitable in 2021 is because of emissions credits they sold to other OEMs and selling off Bitcoin (remember how he definitely didn't manipulate the price of Bitcoin with his tweets). Something most people might not know, Tesla would be dead last in initial quality if they didn't pull their vehicles out of JD Powers (and they also have a poor reliability score).

Also, not sure if you noticed but Tesla released autopilot in 2014, it's still in beta to this day and other OEMs are catching up with it rapidly. They will likely surpass it in the next 5 years. Elon has a long track record of over promising and under delivering (Model S ramp up, Model 3 launch, Tesla Semis, Tesla Truck, Hyperloop, his tunnels, solar roofs, etc.). Tesla is really just a hype machine owned by a guy who has enough eff u money that it can never really fail. Sound familiar?

Sure don't have to worry about Bitcoin right now...my god.  hard to believe that a totally fake currency with no regulation was hacked and manipulated with ease. 

With that said, I just bought like 15,000 Shibu coins for 2 cents!

• Plus1 2
On 5/14/2022 at 1:10 PM, ZRod said:

Tesla is really just a hype machine owned by a guy who has enough eff u money that it can never really fail.

I'm not a fan of Elon but this statement doesn't make sense. Most of Elon's money is in Tesla stock, so I'm not sure how he could possibly prevent Tesla from failing using his own money.

• Plus1 1
22 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I'm not a fan of Elon but this statement doesn't make sense. Most of Elon's money is in Tesla stock, so I'm not sure how he could possibly prevent Tesla from failing using his own money.

He sold billions in Tesla stock last year, and the price until this month was still way up. He made $180 million on his PayPal sale back in the day, and I'm sure that money didn't sit idle. The dude has the money.

2 hours ago, nic said:

judge blocks cancellation of Title 42. Biden should buy this judge a beer and wait until AFTER the 2022 election to repeal. 

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/20/politics/title-42-biden-us-mexico-border/index.html

Nah, he’s pretty much screwed the pooch either way on this one. Dems won’t be happy because he didn’t get it lifted and didn’t follow the correct process. Repubs will still hild him accountable for trying to rescind it. It’s a lose-lose.

The F.D.A. said it expected Abbott to restart production in about two weeks, and was poised to review progress at the plant in Sturgis, Mich. It has been shut down since February after several babies who had consumed formula that had been produced there fell ill and two died.

Problems at the Abbott Sturgis plant surfaced in September during the F.D.A.’s first routine inspection there since the Covid-19 pandemic began. Inspectors discovered standing water inside the plant and personnel working directly with formula without proper hand hygiene, according to agency documents.

The following month, a whistleblower who worked at the plant filed a complaint under the Food Safety Modernization Act claiming that plant leaders celebrated concealing information from the F.D.A. and omitted key information from official documents.

The F.D.A. returned to the plant on Jan. 31 and discovered persistent problems, including the presence of cronobacter bacteria near production lines, according to agency records.

From the CDC:

Cronobacter and Powdered Infant Formula Investigation

Fast Facts
  • Illnesses: 4
  • Deaths: 2
  • States: 3 (Minnesota, Ohio, Texas)
  • Recall: Yes
  • Investigation status: Closed

On February 28, 2022, Abbott Nutrition recalled one lot of Similac PM 60/40 powdered formula (Lot # 27032K80 (can) / Lot # 27032K800 (case) manufactured in Sturgis, Michigan.

• Thanks 2