Biden's America

10 minutes ago, funhusker said:

It was $5 billion of debt relief for students of a specific college that was sued.

It will be absorbed by the already massive public debt.  There are more expensive and more stupid things we are paying for.

What was the college was sued for and did that somehow play into getting debt relief? Now I am interested. I agree. Government wastes money paying for stupid things.

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, nic said:

What was the college was sued for and did that somehow play into getting debt relief? Now I am interested. I agree. Government wastes money paying for stupid things.

:facepalm: It was in your article….

In 2013, Vice President Kamala Harris – who was California’s attorney general at the time – sued Corinthian Colleges, alleging the school was engaging in deceptive and false advertising and recruitment. The lawsuit triggered other federal and state investigations that ultimately resulted in Corinthian selling most of its campuses in 2014 and closing the remaining ones in 2015.

• Plus1 1

8 hours ago, funhusker said:

In 2013, Vice President Kamala Harris – who was California’s attorney general at the time – sued Corinthian Colleges, alleging the school was engaging in deceptive and false advertising and recruitment. The lawsuit triggered other federal and state investigations that ultimately resulted in Corinthian selling most of its campuses in 2014 and closing the remaining ones in 2015.

The bigger question is, how do we prevent this (and Trump university) from happening?

11 hours ago, funhusker said:

I saw that part, but was hoping for more detail. Fraudulent loans were mentioned in another article. I lot of people take out loans they shouldn’t and banks lend them when they shouldn’t….I.e. 2008. I was thinking that if the school closed then thinking credits would transfer and the money would not be needed for additional school years, but I guess there were probably kids about to graduate in another year with lots of debt that no longer could and their credits would not transfer. The cost of school is nuts. It seems possible that the cost of certain degrees are not worth taking a loan out based on what you will make once you graduate. No wonder lots of kids are starting to skip college….mostly men for some reason. 

Gas up 52 cents in the last month...

A gallon of gas in Omaha is now more than I made at my first job.  (It is also more than I make teaching but I did not want to include that)

Before you JB lovers freak out...I KNOW HE DOESN'T CONTROL GAS OR INFLATION OR TAXES OR ANYTHING.

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Gas up 52 cents in the last month...

A gallon of gas in Omaha is now more than I made at my first job.  (It is also more than I make teaching but I did not want to include that)

Before you JB lovers freak out...I KNOW HE DOESN'T CONTROL GAS OR INFLATION OR TAXES OR ANYTHING.

Gas is up about the same in Lincoln. Casey's is selling for $4.29/gallon. 

20 minutes up the road, the Casey's in Wahoo is selling for $4.09/gallon.