Biden's America

3 hours ago, NebraskaHarry said:

1st check $1200 - Trump 

2nd check $600 - Trump 

3rd check $1400 - Biden

I said that same thing without the dollar amounts attached.  Now add in the additional government Covid spending in 2021which added to those already in place large sums.   

• Plus1 3

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

Just so we are ALLLLLLL on the same page...everyone here agrees that this is vandalism, right, and not a peaceful protest.

The person that did this should be arrested. 

It’s just property though.   It can be replaced.    The feelings are more important were told.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
18 hours ago, teachercd said:

Just so we are ALLLLLLL on the same page...everyone here agrees that this is vandalism, right, and not a peaceful protest.

The person that did this should be arrested. 

Yes he was caught and arrested...maybe eventually just fined. I assume they could just peal off the stickers. Better yet make the dude do it since he got caught. 

Man, what I used to get away with as a kid that would get you in huge trouble now....but I grew up in a small town so the threat really was that the cops would bring you in  front of your parents. I never damaged anything though. My Dad would have skewered me for that, and made me work to pay for it.

• Plus1 2

9 hours ago, nic said:

This is funny...The dude got arrested for doing it. 

Joe Biden stickers

Saw those on dozens of pumps, several months before the Russia/UKR war.  I'm surprised it's just now being noticed more nationally. I don't care for it, it's a small sticker; I'd rather not see it.  I don't think any fuel was looted.  

• Plus1 1
19 hours ago, NebraskaHarry said:

I wish you luck. 

I set limits. They may have crossed them, but I told them what happens if they are dumb enough to get caught. :D Boys need to get this stuff out of their system. Better when their younger and can do less damage. They should know not to damage anything but accidents happen. When my kid was about 6, he took candy from a checkout line. When I caught him, we went back into Target and I had him talk with the manger, apologize and give the candy back. I think the manager thought I was crazy. On the way home I told him that if he ever got caught stealing stuff I would let him spend the night in jail. He brought this event up just a few weeks ago (11 years later) and said it scared the crap out him and he’s never taken anything since. 

• Plus1 2
8 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

This absolutely contributes/d to inflation.  Inflation was probably gonna happen the moment the US locked down in 2020 and had massive stimulus/PPE payments (which was needed because of the forced lockdown).    Lots of money in the system and fewer products to purchase.  Once the economy would get back up and running it was Just a matter of when it would start and how high it would go.  
the problem for all of us is The Biden admin did nothing but exacerbate the issue since being in office and now it’s out of control and they are acting like a deer in the headlights trying to control it.  They have no clue.   

The bolded is of course not true. It's political bluster designed to make them look bad. Which I'm sure you'd say they're doing a good enough job of on their own!

But admitting that it's not true and macroeconomics is a complex subject reliant on lots of different factors would be admitting the world is nuance and our problems extend beyond the ever-popular "DEMS BAD."

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2
5 hours ago, funhusker said:

I usually just peel off the sticker and move it the advertisement on the pump that says "Hotdogs Inside or 2 for $1!!!"

I don't get you.  I point out inflation prices everywhere have never affected fuel station hotdog prices, costing the consumer the same price as before the pandemic begun. Thought it would make people think.  And of course you mock it and make a joke.

It seems a little sticker on a gas pump brings this kind of speech out of you. Damn

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

8 minutes ago, admo said:

I don't get you.  I point out inflation prices everywhere have never affected fuel station hotdog prices, costing the consumer the same price as before the pandemic begun. Thought it would make people think.  And of course you mock it and make a joke.

It seems a little sticker on a gas pump brings this kind of speech out of you. Damn

Huh?

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
23 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Huh?

Why you backstep and act like a victim? You visit the forum regularly. Throwing punches at repubs and making jokes at us. Go check one of the "mean bad right voter ppl" topics or economy threads. Pretty sure I brought up how some prices haven't been affected by the Putin inflation. And I guarantee you saw it. If you didn't and this is coincidence, my bad. But I doubt it.

• Plus1 2
16 minutes ago, admo said:

Why you backstep and act like a victim? You visit the forum regularly. Throwing punches at repubs and making jokes at us. Go check one of the "mean bad right voter ppl" topics or economy threads. Pretty sure I brought up how some prices haven't been affected by the Putin inflation. And I guarantee you saw it. If you didn't and this is coincidence, my bad. But I doubt it.

Now I’m really confused?

There was a conversation about inflation, And a random joke about gross gas station hot dogs is setting you off?

I’m still at “huh?”

• Plus1 3
  • Oh Yeah! 1
11 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Now I’m really confused?

There was a conversation about inflation, And a random joke about gross gas station hot dogs is setting you off?

I’m still at “huh?”

Uh, ok Walter.  If that's how you feel. Let's move along.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, admo said:

Uh, ok Walter.  If that's how you feel. Let's move along.

I really think you have me crossed with someone else.  Sorry about the confusion, I guess.

Youre right that I spend way too much time reading through threads, but I honestly don’t recall a thread about the price of hotdogs at the gas station that would make anyone upset at my silly comment.  

Get a grip there guy!

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1