Biden's America

So now we have classified docs found at one of the TFI’s residences from back when he was a Senator:bang   Over 15 years ago.  

Good thing the adults are back in charge.   Wonder when we will hear from all those retired IC big whigs about how TFI is putting the country at danger with his carelessness or something like.  Maybe 51 of them can pen a letter:lol:

• Plus1 2

Ohhhh.  I guess I remember that we were told the keystone pipeline wouldn’t create jobs and didn’t provide much for the economy.   I guess Joey’s admin disagrees now.  

The report, which the Department of Energy (DOE) completed in late December without any public announcement, says the Keystone XL project would have created between 16,149 and 59,000 jobs and would have had a positive economic impact of between $3.4-9.6 billion, citing various studies. A previous report from the federal government published in 2014 determined 3,900 direct jobs and 21,050 total jobs would be created during construction which was expected to take two years.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Ohhhh.  I guess I remember that we were told the keystone pipeline wouldn’t create jobs and didn’t provide much for the economy.   I guess Joey’s admin disagrees now.  

The report, which the Department of Energy (DOE) completed in late December without any public announcement, says the Keystone XL project would have created between 16,149 and 59,000 jobs and would have had a positive economic impact of between $3.4-9.6 billion, citing various studies. A previous report from the federal government published in 2014 determined 3,900 direct jobs and 21,050 total jobs would be created during construction which was expected to take two years.

Well….I was against it before Biden and I’m still against it. So….I really don’t care.  

Is there somewhere in the article that the administration actually says it was a mistake to cancel it?

And, nobody said it wouldn’t create jobs.  It’s that the vast majority of the jobs they advertised were temporary jobs.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, commando said:

i like how the right is all agog about classified info now when it was a nothing burger when trump did it.  

I mean, they should both be in prison for this crime, with Trump having a longer sentence.  I don't think anyone disagrees with that.

I would also be willing to accept that Joe go in prison longer because his crime of taking documents seem to span a much longer time frame, but either way, both should be in prison.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
14 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I mean, they should both be in prison for this crime, with Trump having a longer sentence.  I don't think anyone disagrees with that.

I would also be willing to accept that Joe go in prison longer because his crime of taking documents seem to span a much longer time frame, but either way, both should be in prison.

I agree, mishandling classified documents, especially at that level, needs to be punished severely.

With all these large numbers of documents though, I wonder if part of the problem isn’t that they really aren’t all that important. I can easily see our government classifying almost everything top secret to hide mundane info. Somebody tells a joke about some politician, bingo, make it top secret to keep it under wraps. But still, if it bears those classifications, it should be handled as such or actual real confidential stuff could be compromised.

25 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I agree, mishandling classified documents, especially at that level, needs to be punished severely.

With all these large numbers of documents though, I wonder if part of the problem isn’t that they really aren’t all that important. I can easily see our government classifying almost everything top secret to hide mundane info. Somebody tells a joke about some politician, bingo, make it top secret to keep it under wraps. But still, if it bears those classifications, it should be handled as such or actual real confidential stuff could be compromised.

I sure that like 75% of classified things are not all that important and for the most part just not that interesting, sort of like secrets.  Think how many times you have been told a secret and they were like "But swear you won't tell anyone" and then they tell you it and you are like...oh, well that was lame.

You should see s#!t that I am supposed to keep "classified" about students...like anyone gives a f#&% that Toby has asthma. 

• Plus1 1