Biden's America

14 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

1) Raising the minimum age to purchase a gun to 21

2) Universal background checks

3) A reasonable waiting period for gun purchases

4) Banning the civilian purchase of assault weapons

1.  Make sense...seems like an easy fix that normal  people can get behind.

2.  Make sense.  Don't really know how that would get done but still.

3.  Not sure it matters when it comes to mass shootings since I don't think any of them have been committed by someone who just bought their first gun that morning...but it sounds good.

4. Great idea but this one will be the sticking point.

All in all, normal people thinks this make sense.  Nut bars will freak out.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

3.  Not sure it matters when it comes to mass shootings since I don't think any of them have been committed by someone who just bought their first gun that morning...but it sounds good.

It does matter to gun violence though. Mass shootings are a drop in the bucket of the problem of gun violence, and there's a not-insignificant number of homicides and suicides that can be avoided by putting very small barriers between hurting and sick folks and terrible immediate decision making.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
5 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

It does matter to gun violence though. Mass shootings are a drop in the bucket of the problem of gun violence, and there's a not-insignificant number of homicides and suicides that can be avoided by putting very small barriers between hurting and sick folks and terrible immediate decision making.

Yep! I  was just talking about mass shootings though...But I agree.

• Plus1 1

47 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Who is saying that? 

I'm being heavily sarcastic since Republicans main electoral policy stance in 2022 centered around inflation being Bidens fault and woke crime infiltrating every corner of the country.

Surely since the President controls inflation, Republicans will give Biden due credit for lowering it.

• Plus1 1

Not sure if there is a Biden Legal Trouble thread but I see daily articles now (mostly right wing media) on this Burisma bribery accusation. I guess The repubs got some FBI documents/recordings on it recently. Is this just Fox banging the drums or is there smoke here?

https://www.foxnews.com/media/burisma-audio-tapes-cataclysmic-event-president-biden-matt-whitaker-says

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-allegedly-paid-5-million-by-burisma-executive

MATT WHITAKER: This is explosive. There's so many issues surrounding this, but remember what my home state senator, Chuck Grassley, said. This was redacted from the document they looked at, the 1023 that Chris Wray finally provided to the House and the Senate. This information, that there were recordings of the president of United States talking to a foreign national about bribes, was redacted from that 1023. That's extraordinary in and of itself. Now, the contents, if true, I mean, obviously this is a cataclysmic event because you just don't have these types of recordings usually available. And... it will prove essentially what Joe Biden knew and what his scheme was to abuse his power as vice president.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1
13 minutes ago, nic said:

I see daily articles now (mostly right wing media) on this Burisma bribery accusation.

13 minutes ago, nic said:

Is this just Fox banging the drums or is there smoke here?

Your first sentence likely answers the question of your second sentence.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 2