Biden's America

30 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

But that’s all you mentioned

Well I did mention pastors to Guy.   Priests were the very first one mentioned by Lorewarn so that’s what was responded to.  If you think I don’t believe many pastors, parents, friends, relatives, non relatives, other children (hopefully that covers them all for you)  over the years have abused children, you are flat wrong.  

• Plus1 2

Wait, his sentence was only 5-15 years?

For raping 4 kids under the age of 13???

And some of you dongs think the death penalty is a bad idea?  Hahaha

That creep is going to be out in 8 years, tops.

• Plus1 2
7 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

If you want to talk about being in the comparison game, then you replied to the wrong person.  Guy made a comparison I replied to.   Take it up with him.

If you want to talk about the disgusting behavior of Priest over the course of time, I’m all in 99.9% and would back you up.   How that pertains to the discussion at hand, well, I guess that’s for you to decide and have with yourself my man 

How it pertains is that if you, generally speaking, don't think, "...Christians are advocating for looping off your privates ... or chopping off your boobs", which they aren't, but parents and doctors aren't really advocating for either of those things either (anomalies exist), and it's worth pointing out that Christians do/are/have advocated for other things that are horrific and dramatically life altering in their own ways, at a much more massive volume than whatever amount of people actually are "advocating for looping off your privates"

6 hours ago, knapplc said:

And yet little to no ink is spilled on these pages about that by the same people who are ENRAGED by a coincidence of holidays. 

I see the inconsistency and efforts to make a mountain out of a molehill same as you, but I would describe archy as anything other than enraged.

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1

2 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

I see the inconsistency and efforts to make a mountain out of a molehill same as you, but I would describe archy as anything other than enraged.

Of course not. That would be counterproductive.

38 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

How it pertains is that if you, generally speaking, don't think, "...Christians are advocating for looping off your privates ... or chopping off your boobs", which they aren't

Thanks for confirming:facepalm:

39 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

, but parents and doctors aren't really advocating for either of those things either (anomalies exist),

Thanks again for confirming that minor gender assignment surgery does exist :facepalm:.  Minors can’t consent to a gender assignment surgery without parental consent.  

41 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

and it's worth pointing out that Christians do/are/have advocated for other things that are horrific and dramatically life altering in their own ways, at a much more massive volume than whatever amount of people actually are "advocating for looping off your privates"

Feel free to discuss that till your hearts content.  I doubt I would push back on ya! Just because one is true doesn’t make the other not true and vice versa:thumbs

• Plus1 2
21 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Feel free to discuss that till your hearts content.  I doubt I would push back on ya! Just because one is true doesn’t make the other not true and vice versa:thumbs

Then why are you actively concerned about abuse and neglect and negative impacts towards children at the hands of the trans community and not similarly, or equally, or proportionately (pick your poison) concerned about the same from the christian community?

I mean, on one hand, since the chopping off of privates was brought up, "The Komodo analysis of insurance claims found 56 genital surgeries among patients ages 13 to 17 with a prior gender dysphoria diagnosis from 2019 to 2021." 56 out of 26 million, or .0000002%

On the other, we've got averages of over 4,500 sexual abuse of minors claims in the catholic church yearly, and at least 260 claims of sexual abuse of minors per year in less than 1/3 of american protestant churches. And the higher numbers on this side are the ones that are assuredly drastically under reported.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
  • Worth a Look 1
10 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Then why are you actively concerned about abuse and neglect and negative impacts towards children at the hands of the trans community and not similarly, or equally, or proportionately (pick your poison) concerned about the same from the christian community?

As you have eloquently said before…you are arguing with ghosts, my man.  Search up how many times I’ve brought up the Trans mental illness issue and how many times I’ve talked about or agrees with Church abuse issues.  Unless you do your homework, your words ring hollow.   Then add in how I was asked to comment on the issue, my man. 

10 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

I mean, on one hand, since the chopping off of privates was brought up, "The Komodo analysis of insurance claims found 56 genital surgeries among patients ages 13 to 17 with a prior gender dysphoria diagnosis from 2019 to 2021." 56 out of 26 million, or .0000002%

Could be wrong, but I don’t think there are 26 million identified trans youth:dunno.  Where did your direct quote come from? 

https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/us-sex-reassignment-surgery-market

Recently, there has been a significant rise in the number of children in the U.S. who openly identify as a gender different from their assigned sex at birth. This increase can be attributed to the growing recognition of transgender identity and rights. A study conducted by Komodo revealed that, between 2018 & 2021, at least 776 mastectomies were performed on individuals between the ages of 13 and 17 who had been diagnosed with gender dysphoria.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamanetworkopen/fullarticle/2808707

Results  A total of 48 019 patients who underwent GAS were identified, including 25 099 (52.3%) who were aged 19 to 30 years. The most common procedures were breast and chest procedures, which occurred in 27 187 patients (56.6%), followed by genital reconstruction (16 872 [35.1%]) and other facial and cosmetic procedures (6669 [13.9%]). The absolute number of GAS procedures rose from 4552 in 2016 to a peak of 13 011 in 2019 and then declined slightly to 12 818 in 2020. Overall, 25 099 patients (52.3%) were aged 19 to 30 years, 10 476 (21.8%) were aged 31 to 40, and 3678 (7.7%) were aged12 to 18 years. When stratified by the type of procedure performed, breast and chest procedures made up a greater percentage of the surgical interventions in younger patients, while genital surgical procedures were greater in older patients.

Just because one form of abuse is true doesn’t make the other one not true:thumbs

• Fire 2

20 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I see so many Help Wanted signs, I think with so many people working, places that are trying to hire are having a hard time filling spots.

There is no where close to enough people to hire to fill available positions.

• Plus1 1
Just now, BigRedBuster said:

There is no where close to enough people to hire to fill available positions.

What do you end up doing, just keep raising your pay?

At my school we are lucky to get 3 applicants for open teaching positions.  Couple years ago it would have been 15-20

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, teachercd said:

What do you end up doing, just keep raising your pay?

At my school we are lucky to get 3 applicants for open teaching positions.  Couple years ago it would have been 15-20

We've done that.  But, I'm more thinking about the economy as a whole.  Sure, I raise my pay and I steal some employees from someone else, then they are just in a worse situation.

Somehow, we have to replace the huge retirement numbers from the baby boomers who are now not in the workforce.  And, for decades, the birth rate hasn't been high enough to do that.  Plus, for a couple years the death rate in the US was much higher than normal.

11 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

We've done that.  But, I'm more thinking about the economy as a whole.  Sure, I raise my pay and I steal some employees from someone else, then they are just in a worse situation.

Somehow, we have to replace the huge retirement numbers from the baby boomers who are now not in the workforce.  And, for decades, the birth rate hasn't been high enough to do that.  Plus, for a couple years the death rate in the US was much higher than normal.

We also have a HUGE job jumping work force...They basically figured out the best way to get more money was to move from job to job, which is true.  But it can/does leave openings. 

• Plus1 1