Biden's America

30 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

Sad thing is I think Wendy's might be cheaper. 

McDonalds might be about the same price as Canes here, and Canes you get more food.

Saw a study that showed McDonalds has raised prices faster than any other major fast food chain. 

• Plus1 1

53 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Buying votes one student loan forgiveness at a time:facepalm:

It's about time struggling and even relatively stable citizens start benefitting from taxpayer funded relief the same way the ultra rich and massive corporations do.

Interesting editorial from Phil calling the 750k people with 20+ years of repayment the biggest winners, since they're neither the biggest by number of people impacted, amount of money impacted, or amount of income impacted. I'd say the 16 million people having interest waived and the 360,000 significantly poorer folks having a much larger chunk of their financial burden relieved are both bigger winners in different perspectives.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 1

I am 100% for this IF they also reimburse everyone that took out student loans and paid them back.

OR if they offer a credit card forgiveness loan for any Americans that have over 10K in CC debt and make less than like 60K a year.  

Just to make it clear before some dorks freak out.  I have 0 CC debt, I make more than 60K a year (when I strip on my OF page)  and I never took out a student loan.

I have no dog in the fight at all.  But if you are going to help some, might as well more even more.

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Interesting editorial from Phil calling the 750k people with 20+ years of repayment the biggest winners, since they're neither the biggest by number of people impacted, amount of money impacted, or amount of income impacted.

He literally told you why he considered them the biggest winners and I kinda agree.  A Household with $315,000 of income should be able to pay of $25,000 in debt in two years max.  No idea why those households need debt relief.  

An income of $85,000 should easily be able to pay off $3,600 of debt within 2 years max.  No need for debt relief on those loans. 

• Fire 1
  • TBH 1
53 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I am 100% for this IF they also reimburse everyone that took out student loans and paid them back.

OR if they offer a credit card forgiveness loan for any Americans that have over 10K in CC debt and make less than like 60K a year.  

Just to make it clear before some dorks freak out.  I have 0 CC debt, I make more than 60K a year (when I strip on my OF page)  and I never took out a student loan.

I have no dog in the fight at all.  But if you are going to help some, might as well more even more.

Agree….since the debt is some mythical figure to most everyone now a days, let’s go back and give refunds to those who either paid back on time or if they didn’t go to school, give money towards their car debt, home debt or CC debt.   For the struggling and even stable citizens.  

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Agree….since the debt is some mythical figure to most everyone now a days, let’s go back and give refunds to those who either paid back on time or if they didn’t go to school, give money towards their car debt, home debt or CC debt.   For the struggling and even stable citizens.  

Exactly!

If there is some made up # or amount of time that is forgiven...

Why not forgive more!

• Plus1 1

On 4/10/2024 at 8:20 AM, knapplc said:

It's crazy, isn't it? 

When times get tough, Americans buckle up, double-down and make the necessary sacrifices.

Well, except for the tiny minority in ownership, who see an exploitable opportunity and have no trouble profiting from it. 

The cherry on the sundae is how some of those profits find their way into political messaging, where the business class is the victim, workers are lazy and selfish, and the government is to blame for pretty much everything. Or haven't you heard how raising minimum wages would kill the free market? 

• Plus1 2
On 4/12/2024 at 8:14 AM, Archy1221 said:

Thanks everyone!

Yes, Republicans are excellent stewards of financial prudence and have very little responsibility for this. 

In all seriousness, it's impossible to fix. I'm genuinely in awe of this being a repeated worry on the Right when their "fix" is meaningless spending cuts and massive regressive tax policy. 

• Plus1 2
59 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:
On 4/12/2024 at 8:14 AM, Archy1221 said:

Yes, Republicans are excellent stewards of financial prudence and have very little responsibility for this.

Did you miss the words “thanks everyone”.  As in all political parties and politicians. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

In all seriousness, it's impossible to fix

It’s not impossible to fix.   No politician has the appetite for the fix, and the general populace b!^@hes and moans when their benefits get cut for the greater good.  No one wants to feel the necessary pain. 

• Plus1 1