Biden's America

27 minutes ago, knapplc said:

The person you're trying to reason with admitted to trolling P&R for laughs. 

The tweet they're basing this conversation on came from someone from The Heritage Foundation. 

Care to show when or where I "admitted" trolling for laughs?

Are the numbers wrong? Or you just don't like the source?

• Fire 2

Just now, teachercd said:

I mean, clearly employment is way up.  I suppose if you want to argue over the word "created" or "recovered" you can but all that really matters is that people have jobs. 

Yep...2 or 3 of them...

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

First and foremost is the repeated lie that there have been 13 million jobs created. It's would be realistic if they used the term recovered. Check out March 1st 2020 employment numbers compared to March 1st 2024. They are virtually identical.

Every single jobs report for over a year has been revised downwards...by ad many as 100k in June of 2023.

The March press release touts 303k. But forget to note that full time jobs were actually down 6000. 71k were gubmint jobs, and 49k were seasonal construction jobs returning after winter.

But you will never see Biden's team alluding to the truth.

We regained what was lost from COVID sometime in 2022 or 2023 if I remember correctly, so not sure what you're talking about. Also, I was one of the most vocal in saying that until that point it wasn't truly job creation. I was constantly criticizing a poster here who kept posting those "creation" tweets.

There's nothing wrong with government jobs, and they should actually be a sign of a healthy economy as well. Seasonal jobs are typically adjusted for in the numbers that are reported.

You realize this happens under every administration, right? The jobs report from the previous quarter is almost always adjust in the next quarter. Don't really remember you criticizing much when Trump himself was tweet even fuzzier math... But all that began the question, what's the point of that specific tweet you decided to post? 

• Plus1 1

25 minutes ago, ZRod said:

We regained what was lost from COVID sometime in 2022 or 2023 if I remember correctly, so not sure what you're talking about. Also, I was one of the most vocal in saying that until that point it wasn't truly job creation. I was constantly criticizing a poster here who kept posting those "creation" tweets.

There's nothing wrong with government jobs, and they should actually be a sign of a healthy economy as well. Seasonal jobs are typically adjusted for in the numbers that are reported.

You realize this happens under every administration, right? The jobs report from the previous quarter is almost always adjust in the next quarter. Don't really remember you criticizing much when Trump himself was tweet even fuzzier math... But all that began the question, what's the point of that specific tweet you decided to post? 

So, if you were aware that jobs created are not the same as jobs recovered, up to 2023 sometime, then you agree that this administration has not created 13-15 million jobs. See we agree.

I believe we need to shrink the Fed government, not grow it. So here we disagree.

I do realize this likely happens under every Administration, which proves my point there are currently no good choices. If it was from Trump, and is was fuzzy math, I would have called it out because I am anti Trump, but don't recall specifically, so we'll call that a draw.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
31 minutes ago, ZRod said:

And hasn't this administration time after time supported increasing wages for workers???

Ehhhh, I am torn on this.

I have no idea how it would work BUT a HS kid that lives at home with Mom/Dad in a 600K house...just doesn't need 18 dollars an hour to work at Crumble Cookie.

With that said, the capitalist in me says that everyone should take every freaking penny they can get...

But then the hungry side of me says that I hate paying 10 dollars at McDonalds.

Literally, this is more confusing to me than capital punishment, term limits or abortion.  Those are all easy.  

• Plus1 1
  • Worth a Look 1
5 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

So, if you were aware that jobs created are not the same as jobs recovered, up to 2023 sometime, then you agree that this administration has not created 13-15 million jobs. See we agree.

I believe we need to shrink the Fed government, not grow it. So here we disagree.

I do realize this likely happens under every Administration, which proves my point there are currently no good choices. If it was from Trump, and is was fuzzy math, I would have called it out because I am anti Trump, but don't recall specifically, so we'll call that a draw.

I agree that until they met the numbers ore COVID they didn't really deserve credit. Now they do.

If the US population grows the government also must grow, would it not? 

• TBH 1
3 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I agree that until they met the numbers ore COVID they didn't really deserve credit. Now they do.

If the US population grows the government also must grow, would it not? 

Fair enough. So from here out I will try to keep an open mind and pay attention to full time, actual creation of new jobs.

Actually, natural population growth has virtually flatlined. And, at the current rate of adding $1 trillion in debt every quarter, I will disagree. Stop the spending. 

• Plus1 1

28 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Fair enough. So from here out I will try to keep an open mind and pay attention to full time, actual creation of new jobs.

Actually, natural population growth has virtually flatlined. And, at the current rate of adding $1 trillion in debt every quarter, I will disagree. Stop the spending. 

The government doesn't only support citizen born here though, does it? And debt is far from a one-to-one ratio with government jobs, isn't it?

• TBH 1
On 4/6/2024 at 7:18 PM, DevoHusker said:

Care to show when or where I "admitted" trolling for laughs?

Are the numbers wrong? Or you just don't like the source?

I don't want this reply to be buried in the weekday nonsense.

I apologize, @DevoHusker. You did not say this. I was conflating you with @nic

That's my bad.

• Thanks 2
On 4/6/2024 at 10:05 PM, teachercd said:

Ehhhh, I am torn on this.

I have no idea how it would work BUT a HS kid that lives at home with Mom/Dad in a 600K house...just doesn't need 18 dollars an hour to work at Crumble Cookie.

With that said, the capitalist in me says that everyone should take every freaking penny they can get...

But then the hungry side of me says that I hate paying 10 dollars at McDonalds.

Literally, this is more confusing to me than capital punishment, term limits or abortion.  Those are all easy.  

$10. you must get everything off of the value meal.  Mine is about $14.