Stay calm

On 11/9/2020 at 6:01 AM, Redux said:

I'm at the point where watching a full game doesn't sound fun anymore.  I used to plan entire weekends around Nebraska vs Cream Puff U.  Now it's an inconvenience to set 4hrs aside for a massive disappointment.  This program is in shambles.  It's not Callahan's fault anymore.  It's not Bo or Riley's fault really either.  It's on Frost now by default but let's be frank, he took over a team that's so far removed from being competitive that nobody in their right mind at a chance to play on Sunday's would entertain the notion of coming here.  All we do is find ways to lose, look confused on the field and play down to whoever we face.  1 out of every 4 or 5 guys plays with passion.  Put a different uniform on this team, anyone actually want to watch them play?  

Honestly, I would take watching Callahans teams over anything we have put out over the last 3 years

Completely agree with your lack of game day enthusiasm...it just doesnt resonate with me anymore...to be honest after we threw the pick in the endzone in the 4th against NW, I turned the channel and went and did some house s#!t and thought "I'll just check the score later and I'll either have something cool to watch on DVR or I just saved me some time to do other s#!t"...win win I guess

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, huskerfan702 said:

I was calm until Maryland started playing competitive football and realizing we still haven’t figured out the forward pass

I'm a "run the damn ball guy", but without the threat of a vertical game your playing against an 11 man box...Even TO had a vertical game capable of keeping teams honest.  And making teams pay.  Still love that PA pass he'd call......

• Plus1 1

6 hours ago, Loebarth said:

I can't disagree enough..

- Turnovers... coaches can't control that. 

- Penalties... If you or anyone thinks we are fairly officiated, think again. Even Mr. Nice Guy Riley commented on the bias.

- Special Teams Return Yardage... Tell me, when teams kick "thru the end zone" or.. short punts/intentional bouncer/pouch... against you are you saying to your athletes that you want them to dart to the ball, grab the bounce and run? No, you will tell them to get away just as any coach would. 

- Special Teams defense.. sometimes sh!t happens and sometimes it's allowed to happen (meaning flags unthrown). Our players efforts were there. NW simply made a couple blocks. Maybe you can blame the punter but the effort to tackle was there. 

Punt returns develop, they aren't automatic. Same with kickoffs. 

Lastly, so Nebraska is an ugly duckling right now.. I personally think this ugly duckling is very close to becoming that beautiful swan. 

Can I have some of what you are smoking? Sounds like rainbows and I can use some right now.