Trump's Post Election Fallout: Legal & Obstruction actions

6 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Wait, I thought the investigation, Jan 6, and Covid were all supposed to "go away" as soon as the election was over and Trump was out... I guess that must be like Trump taking oval office back (any day now) or him releasing his tax returns... just keep moving those goal posts.

Jan 6th happened after the election and so has the commission investigations :dunno

• Plus1 1

12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

What???  You honestly think the hearings are nothing but political theater?  Wow......

he has to.   otherwise he would have to admit he supported a flaming pile of s#!t who tried to overthrow democracy and that would hurt his feelings  

• Plus1 3
12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

What???  You honestly think the hearings are nothing but political theater?  Wow......

At this point in the hearings yes.   In the beginning probably not.  

I would ask you to explain if you can, we have a few people on tape inciting people to enter the Capitol and yet those people are not charged nor does the commission have an interest in finding out why.    

I think everyone who actually rioted through the Capitol or incited others to do so should be charged, yet people on here and with Commission seem to exclude a select few.   Why is that? 

• Haha 2
  • TBH 1
35 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I would ask you to explain if you can, we have a few people on tape inciting people to enter the Capitol and yet those people are not charged nor does the commission have an interest in finding out why.    

I think everyone who actually rioted through the Capitol or incited others to do so should be charged, yet people on here and with Commission seem to exclude a select few.   Why is that? 

So, investigating and showing the public what lead up to the invasion of the capital and showing that it was planned and promoted by people in power, including the President and the people around him, is just theater.

I get it....Republicans don't like this being shown to the public.

:facepalm:

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

46 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

so everyone who was there should be charged.    not just the people who were the actual leaders of the attack?   not just the people who attacked police officers or entered the capitol and damaged or stole s#!t there.    everyone should be charged or it's just political theater?

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, commando said:

so everyone who was there should be charged.    not just the people who were the actual leaders of the attack?   not just the people who attacked police officers or entered the capitol and damaged or stole s#!t there.    everyone should be charged or it's just political theater?

What @Archy1221 isn't acknowledging is that people like he's talking about are being charged through the DOJ or local law enforcement.  That's now what the hearings are about.  In fact, the hearings don't have the power to charge those people.  The purpose is to investigate and show the public what happened that lead up to the invasion and who really was pulling the strings.  The DOJ can then take that and do with it as they see fit.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, investigating and showing the public what lead up to the invasion of the capital and showing that it was planned and promoted by people in power, including the President and the people around him, is just theater.

I get it....Republicans don't like this being shown to the public.

:facepalm:

Who said that?

Why is everything so drawn out though.   Why not do the investigation completely and then have a hearing to give us all the findings once it’s complete?  MidTerms is the logical reason, which makes that part political theater.   

Now about the people on video inciting a riot and not being charged?  Your thoughts please, since you glossed over that.  

1 hour ago, commando said:

so everyone who was there should be charged. 

Read what I wrote for your answer 

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Now about the people on video inciting a riot and not being charged?  Your thoughts please, since you glossed over that.  

Good question. But, why are you asking this in a discussion about the hearings?  The hearings aren't about those people.  And, I didn't gloss over that, I said that this is an issue the DOJ and local law enforcement are handling, because they have the power to do so.  I also explained to you that the people running the hearings don't have the power to press charges on those people.

So, again, why is this a question in a discussion about the J6 hearings? 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Who said that?

Why is everything so drawn out though.   Why not do the investigation completely and then have a hearing to give us all the findings once it’s complete?  MidTerms is the logical reason, which makes that part political theater.   

Because laying out what they know, before the American Public also leads to others coming forward to complete the record, rebut or affirm testimony, or to save their own arses. It is part of the investigation.

• Plus1 3

This has been debunked and the facts of the case are why the FBI have not charged Epps.  We all know this unless you're a permanent resident of Conspiracyville

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2022/05/05/us/jan-6-ray-epps-evidence.amp.html

The claims, made in congressional hearing rooms, on Fox News and at Mr. Trump’s political rallies, have largely been based on a video taken just before violence erupted at the Capitol, showing Mr. Epps at the barricades outside the building whispering into the ear of a man named Ryan Samsel.

Within moments of the brief exchange, Mr. Samsel, a Pennsylvania barber, can be seen moving forward and confronting the police in what amounted to the tipping point of the riot. Despite lacking proof for their claims, many Republicans have surmised that Mr. Epps instructed Mr. Samsel to antagonize the officers. They have also pushed the notion that because Mr. Epps has not been arrested, he must have been working for the government.

But for more than a year, well before the name Ray Epps was widely known in right-wing circles, federal authorities have had information — from both him and Mr. Samsel — suggesting that he was not a government agent and did not encourage the younger man to engage with the police that day.

Just two days after the attack, when Mr. Epps saw himself on a list of suspects from Jan. 6, he called an F.B.I. tip line and told investigators that he had tried to calm Mr. Samsel down when they spoke, according to three people who have heard a recording of the call. Mr. Epps went on to say that he explained to Mr. Samsel that the police outside the building were merely doing their jobs, the people said.

Then in late January of last year, in an interview with the F.B.I., Mr. Samsel said much the same thing, telling investigators that a man he did not know came up to him at the barricades and suggested he relax, according to a recording of the interview obtained by The New York Times.

“He came up to me and he said, ‘Dude’ — his entire words were, ‘Relax, the cops are doing their job,’” Mr. Samsel said.

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Because laying out what they know, before the American Public also leads to others coming forward to complete the record, rebut or affirm testimony, or to save their own arses. It is part of the investigation.

Exactly.  Since the other hearings, they have had many people come forward with information.