Does Frost go after Milton?

jjk0091

I would assume Frost and Milton had talked. I would think if Frost made a push for Milton to come here he would have come here. I see that relationship like Osborne and Frost. So the question is: 

1. Does Frost believe in our current QB's so he told Milton we have good QB's? 

2. Was Frost looking out for Milton's best interest and advised him the pieces are not in place at Nebraska for him to succeed with a 1 and done scenario? 

1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

2. Was Frost looking out for Milton's best interest and advised him the pieces are not in place at Nebraska for him to succeed with a 1 and done scenario? 

Man if it is number 2 I wouldn't want to go to FSU. Nebraska is a boat that has been taking water for a long time, but nobody is frightened. FSU is a nuclear submarine deep underwater in the trench and alarm bells are going off left and right. 

1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I would assume Frost and Milton had talked. I would think if Frost made a push for Milton to come here he would have come here. I see that relationship like Osborne and Frost. So the question is: 

1. Does Frost believe in our current QB's so he told Milton we have good QB's? 

I hope #1 isn't true.  We are sunk for 2 more years.

#2 is in Frost's ability to correct - new coaches, better development of the players, better overall coaching.  But if he is headstrong that all is ok and it is just execution then there is no hope of improvement.

My question is: Is there another guy like Milton we can go after?

7 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Anyone know anything about Charlie Brewer from Baylor?  Looks like he's on the market.

He has ok stats but when you consider the average Big 12 defense is pretty weak against the pass, he doesn't look like the type of guy who would come in and be a game changer for us.  He isn't going to win many games with his legs either.  Hard pass from my chair.

2017  68.1%  11TD  4INT

2018  61.5%  19TD  9INT

2019  64.5%  21TD  7INT

2020  61.7%  14TD  8INT

Let's give Smothers a shot - can't hurt anything at this point.  

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

He has ok stats but when you consider the average Big 12 defense is pretty weak against the pass, he doesn't look like the type of guy who would come in and be a game changer for us.  He isn't going to win many games with his legs either.  Hard pass from my chair.

2017  68.1%  11TD  4INT

2018  61.5%  19TD  9INT

2019  64.5%  21TD  7INT

2020  61.7%  14TD  8INT

Let's give Smothers a shot - can't hurt anything at this point.  

I'm fine if Smothers pans out, but I don't think it's an option to wait and find out if he doesn't.  As bare as we are at WR and RB, I don't think they can afford to not find a grad transfer QB.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I'm fine if Smothers pans out, but I don't think it's an option to wait and find out if he doesn't.  As bare as we are at WR and RB, I don't think they can afford to not find a grad transfer QB.

Here is the list of the guys available - I personally don't see an answer to our problems on this page.  Adrian looks better than most listed.    

https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Football/TransferPortal/