What is the future of the Republican Party?

2 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Could have left 'ex' out.

I am not a fan of this.  Trying to rip on someone or making fun of that profession is lame.  There is only one profession that should be ripped on, firefighting.  And really, they are like a hooker, only they are f#&%ing us, the taxpayer. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Well….actually no.   In the tweets Devo brought up which I responded to, SS Medicare and Medicaid was brought up.  I believe budget and abortion was also brought up.  But you knew that 

I saw a lot of tweets from Devo. I honestly didn't see anything about SS and Medicare, but many many posts about the extreme positions of the new speaker.  I'll look again. 

I have no idea why you think they over-ride the bigger discussion about the GOP being run through its hard right wing, apparently including the election-obstructing, Christian Nationalist loving guy we never heard about until this week. That happens to be the news story here and the source of the questions you still haven't answered.

I'll try to make it easer. 

1) Do you think the GOP is catering to its hard right faction?  Yes or no?

2) The GOP can have stated positions on Medicaire, Medicaid and Social Security, and still be catering to its hard right faction, true or false? 

• Thanks 1
  • TBH 1
17 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Seemingly a day doesn't go by when the unquestioned leader of the GOP fails to post on his narcissistic dreams of being the next totalitarian thug and yet we're collectively numb to it thinking Biden is flawed for the sin of being a meer three years older.  

And to think he's held up as a deity by his cult.  

MAGA and NAZIS both like the terror tactic

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I'll try to make it easer. 

1) Do you think the GOP is catering to its hard right faction?  Yes or no?

2) The GOP can have stated positions on Medicaire, Medicaid and Social Security, and still be catering to its hard right faction, true or false? 

You don’t need to make it easier.   You just need to define what you want answered and quit using nebulous questions.  

1). So maybe yes just a tad bit but generally no.   You would also need to define a hard right position which you continually don’t do when asked.  What is hard right about the border?  About the budget?  About fixing entitlement programs from going broke? Immigration?     Tell me what YOU think is hard right and I will answer your question as so whether I think the future GOP bills will go that direction.  

2) Possibly true or possibly false depending how you define catering to the hard right.   

If you are asking is the farthest right members of Congress happy with Johnson being elected, I would say yes. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1