What is the future of the Republican Party?

15 hours ago, Scarlet said:

I wonder how long it will take to get down to us low level rubes posting on Huskerboard.  Does Gitmo have room for all of us?

If America elects Trump again, because their brains have been collectively rotted into oblivion, then we deserve the abyss we'll fall into. 

If thinking AND filling out a ballot is not possible for millions of Americans, it simply means our country isn't as great as we believe. If the most idiotic, lying moron with the intelligence of an 11 year old is able to appeal to hordes of voters, then America was flawed from the start. This isn't complicated. If America is doomed to fail because the citizens are stupid, then so be it. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 1

I haven't thought that Trump could win the General Election until recently.  With the upheaval that might be coming in the Democratic party over Israel-Hamas wonder what it may do for this election cycle?  West and RFK Jr. might funnel plenty of votes from Biden.  Of course RFK Jr. will funnel votes from Trump too.  

I have no dog in this fight.  I want none of them.  

• TBH 1
14 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

I haven't thought that Trump could win the General Election until recently.  With the upheaval that might be coming in the Democratic party over Israel-Hamas wonder what it may do for this election cycle?  West and RFK Jr. might funnel plenty of votes from Biden.  Of course RFK Jr. will funnel votes from Trump too.  

I have no dog in this fight.  I want none of them.  

I know I'm always surprised at these things, but I can't imagine RFK Jr. taking many votes away from Biden.  He has squarely aligned with the far right conspiracy theories and wacko ideas.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

11 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I know I'm always surprised at these things, but I can't imagine RFK Jr. taking many votes away from Biden.  He has squarely aligned with the far right conspiracy theories and wacko ideas.

He might steal more from Trump.

If he even keeps running, don't be shocked if he has "an accident"

• Plus1 1

How long will it take for Republican sycophants to realize that dumping Trump and Trumpism and at least trying to move back to a semblance of reality is in their best political interests?  Instead they keep worrying about winning primaries then the craziest of the crazies fortunately get trounced in the general.

• Plus1 1