What is the future of the Republican Party?

4 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Nothing to see here.  Just the hands down leader of the GOP restating the rhetoric of Mein Kampf

https://www.ou.edu/englhale/meinkampf.html

"All great cultures of the past perished only because the originally creative race died out from blood poisoning."

Yeah, Trump might be regurgitating white nationalist talking points, but Joe Biden feels... old.

It's 50/50 to me. 

Just now, teachercd said:

I believe that, it is probably the most un-read but well known book ever.  I mean, it is like 1000 pages and that is the watered down version, the real thing is like 3000 pages.

No way Trump read the entire thing.  Cliff's notes maybe.  If that.

he probably has been instructed by bannon.

7 minutes ago, commando said:

he probably has been instructed by bannon.

That would make more sense.

There are books that are "popular" that people don't actually read, they just pretend they did.

Uncle Tom's Cabin

War and Peace 

Shogun 

Twilight 

Anything your kid brings home from school.

• TBH 1
1 minute ago, funhusker said:

...The Bible...

Unfortunately    --   The current crop of MAGA "Christian" Nationalists should learn to read it in context and with some cultural understanding.  Stop using it for political reasons by twisting and turning it into whatever they want it to say. 

• TBH 2
  • 3 weeks later...

4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

The funniest part about her is how she's playing a character and is no way serious about what she's saying. 

But her constituents are dangerous true MAGA believers who's brains have been melted by Trump speeches and Fox News, so they will enthusiastically vote for her. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

Since members of his own party are reticent about it at best or are in full throated support with his rhetoric, I guess the answer is:  totalitarianism

It's not like this hasn't been a constant talking point of his