What is the future of the Republican Party?

Whelp there it is.  The slippery slope.  Now it's not only migrants who will be rounded up into internment camps and shipped out. it'll be anyone on a visa who is suspected of disagreeing with the regime.  Next stop... anyone who disagrees with the regime visa or not

1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

Whelp there it is.  The slippery slope.  Now it's not only migrants who will be rounded up into internment camps and shipped out. it'll be anyone on a visa who is suspected of disagreeing with the regime.  Next stop... anyone who disagrees with the regime visa or not

This will be a good excuse to do more tracking of people.

• TBH 1

Anyone legally here should continue to stay here regardless of views.  If those views cause people to eventually break the law, then we have prisons for those people.  

Anyone not here legally that breaks the law should serve an appropriate jail sentence and then deported immediately upon leaving jail.  

VISA overstays should get a one time 3-6 month reprieve to turn themselves in to either get VISA extended or apply for permanent resident status, or get deported permanent if caught.

In the interest of compromise for a border bill, R’s get much much tougher border security and much tougher measures for those caught entering illegally (w/o needing 5,000 a day to come first) and the D’s/big business gets... anyone here illegally that can show they have been here 5 years with no criminal history gets to have permanent resident status/no citizenship but can never vote in an election.  If they choose military service for 6 years, those restrictions go away and they are citizens upon completing service.   The price to pay for not being sent back home.  Everyone gets what they want (except for the Dem plan of importing new voters) 

• Haha 2
  • TBH 2

The man behind the curtain, noted devout Christian Steve Bannon who scammed MAGA out of millions with his "We Build the Wall" scheme, is clearly saying democracy be damned.  Bannon has drawn up even more authoritarian plans for Trump's next administration than that of the antidemocratic play book, Project 2025. 

Anyone who feigns that our democratic guardrails can hold up to a movement that intends to take a cutting torch to those guardrails and who are willing to allow the likes of Trump and Bannon to try, are in fact in support of authoritarianism.  Can the guardrails hold?  I guess we'll find out but I'd rather not allow for the attempt.  

Bannon is employing text book brainwashing.  Watch the clips below to see for yourself.  But Biden is three years older

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
  • Worth a Look 1

28 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

It looks like inexcusable doesn't really mean inexcusable.  It means "I really thought the base would dump that guy for trying to overthrow democracy but since they didn't I better get my a$$ back on the train because I love power over country".   

• TBH 4
46 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

It looks like inexcusable doesn't really mean inexcusable.  It means "I really thought the base would dump that guy for trying to overthrow democracy but since they didn't I better get my a$$ back on the train because I love power over country".   

Absolutely. Clowns 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
On 2/11/2024 at 7:01 AM, Archy1221 said:

Everyone gets what they want (except for the Dem plan of importing new voters) 

Well, and the Republicans who rely on illegal immigrants for cheap labor.

Surely you know rural Latinos are no lock to vote Democrat.

• TBH 1
1 minute ago, DevoHusker said:

In Nixon's famous words:   "But as I leave you, I want you to know—just think how much you're going to be missing. You don't have The Turtle to kick around anymore. Because, gentlemen, this is my last press conference."

• Plus1 1