What is the future of the Republican Party?

14 hours ago, commando said:

many of us here on husker board have been saying this for years and someone keeps telling us we were wrong to say it.   now desantis agrees with us

I agree wt DeSantis on this.   Kiss the ring and the Cult leader thinks you are great.    Can't believe we  GOP might actually elect this narcissist again.  

My hope:  If he gets the nomination, that he will be trounced in the worst possible way.  But Uncle Joe isn't looking like the guy to do it - right now. 

• TBH 2

The GOP has rolled over and given total control to a dictator wannabe. Party's adherents for some reason are in complete denial that the guardrails of democracy are even under assault.  It's clear when watching Trump's campaign rallies that many of supporters agree with him that a "strongman would be nice to have running up your country".  The following document answers to question of how we might lose our democracy to the dictatorial intentions of Trump and his GOP enablers.

https://www.authoritarianplaybook2025.org/

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1

On 1/14/2024 at 8:11 PM, commando said:

many of us here on husker board have been saying this for years and someone keeps telling us we were wrong to say it.   now desantis agrees with us

So Desantis says this about Trump a few days ago but now throws his support to Trump? I guess his convictions are …..nonexistent. Not surprisingly Despineless made a positive impression on somebody hereabouts. I can’t imagine being beholden to the R party and having to pick one of these jokers.

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

So Desantis says this about Trump a few days ago but now throws his support to Trump? I guess his convictions are …..nonexistent. Not surprisingly Despineless made a positive impression on somebody hereabouts. I can’t imagine being beholden to the R party and having to pick one of these jokers.

This is sort of like college/nfl coaching...there seems to be this "don't crap" on anyone rule...even though Ron already crapped on Don.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, teachercd said:

This is sort of like college/nfl coaching...there seems to be this "don't crap" on anyone rule...even though Ron already crapped on Don.

Well Kamala did call Joe Biden racist then joined his ticket :dunno   

• Haha 1
  • TBH 2
5 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Well Kamala did call Joe Biden racist then joined his ticket :dunno   

Haha!  I mean...for a VP job I would work with pretty much anyone!

"Ted...Bundy?  I mean, sure he has mad a few mistakes, sure he is not perfect but who is...I am proud to be his VP...also, I am super glad I am not 19-25, white with long dark hair parted in the middle...VOTE TED!"

• Haha 1