What is the future of the Republican Party?

15 hours ago, Enhance said:

I can't imagine why people would want to talk to him about that given that his entire personal, professional and financial success is based off of his football career, and that he uses it to his gain whenever he thinks it's advantageous.

*sarcasm*

Focusing on football might be fortuitous to his political career. I doubt he wants to focus on his multiple personality disorder, accusations of threats against "his ex-wife’s life, exaggerated claims of financial success and alarmed business associates with unpredictable behavior."

Agree that His football career is his biggest name recognition asset and he would be wise to take advantage of that if he wants to win.  

• Plus1 1

16 hours ago, Enhance said:

I can't imagine why people would want to talk to him about that given that his entire personal, professional and financial success is based off of his football career, and that he uses it to his gain whenever he thinks it's advantageous.

*sarcasm*

Focusing on football might be fortuitous to his political career. I doubt he wants to focus on his multiple personality disorder, accusations of threats against "his ex-wife’s life, exaggerated claims of financial success and alarmed business associates with unpredictable behavior."

He's probably one of the most overrated Heisman trophy winners of all time.  He was 55th in yards per carry in 1982.  Dude had no wiggle.  Just straight ahead speed.  Rozier, Dickerson, and Dupree all averaged 7.0 yards per carry or more that year.  

10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The guy needs to lose bad. 

Unless a miracle happens, he'll win. This despite not talking about policy, lying to his constituency and having enormous baggage from his personal life. None of that matters. 

The future of the Republican Party is that they don't have too say or do anything special, they can be terrible candidates without substance or policy, and they're going to win. The current trajectory is that Republicans are going to control a filibuster proof Trifecta in 2024, and you can make that assumption without knowing the candidates. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Unless a miracle happens, he'll win. This despite not talking about policy, lying to his constituency and having enormous baggage from his personal life. None of that matters. 

The future of the Republican Party is that they don't have too say or do anything special, they can be terrible candidates without substance or policy, and they're going to win. The current trajectory is that Republicans are going to control a filibuster proof Trifecta in 2024, and you can make that assumption without knowing the candidates. 

Yep

• Plus1 3

Just now, teachercd said:

It is still crazy that TO could not win Gov in Nebraska but Walker will probably become a senator?  

Right, but Tom faced another Republican in the primary in a competitive race. He had to rake actual positions on policy issues to differentiate himself and lost.

In contrast, the voters of Georgia are going to have a difficult choice: vote against a football hero who lied about his grades, threatened the life of his ex-wife, has absolutely no experience, and believes in the falsehood that 2020 was a stolen election among many other things OR they choose to be outraged by nonexistent issues like CRT or Trans people invading women's sports. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Right, but Tom faced another Republican in the primary in a competitive race. He had to rake actual positions on policy issues to differentiate himself and lost.

In contrast, the voters of Georgia are going to have a difficult choice: vote against a football hero who lied about his grades, threatened the life of his ex-wife, has absolutely no experience, and believes in the falsehood that 2020 was a stolen election among many other things OR they choose to be outraged by nonexistent issues like CRT or Trans people invading women's sports. 

CRT and Trans people invading womens sports are the issues Warnock is running on???   Hmmmmm. Quite the platform.  

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Yeah, I don't get it.  I guess I would not have thought that Walker was even all that popular in Georgia anymore but I guess I am wrong.

Johnny Rodgers or Eric Crouch running in Nebraska...I could not see them winning.

Just now, Archy1221 said:

CRT and Trans people invading womens sports are the issues Warnock is running on???   Hmmmmm. Quite the platform.  

You may have missed the incredible amount of sarcasm I was trying to lay on with that post.

Really, how are you more outraged by things like CRT or Trans people playing sports: two things that are extremely rare in the real world but you seem to brush the lie about the 2020 election under the rug?

I find the mind of Republican voter fascinating. I have a morbid curiosity to understand how this thinking. The fact that voters like this:

*Exist

*Will destroy history's foremost liberal democracy

7 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yeah, I don't get it.  I guess I would not have thought that Walker was even all that popular in Georgia anymore but I guess I am wrong.

Johnny Rodgers or Eric Crouch running in Nebraska...I could not see them winning.

I think you're a rare voter that cares about the actual personality of the candidate. 

Really, when you try to understand elections, don't get into the nitty gritty of the candidate or their policy proposals. Instead, evaluate an election like this:

First Name Last Name (R) vs First Name Last Name (D). Then look at the PVI of the state/district and you can pick a winner from there. The personal histories of the candidate, particularly for the Republican side, doesn't matter.