What is the future of the Republican Party?

1 minute ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I think you're a rare voter that cares about the actual personality of the candidate. 

Really, when you try to understand elections, don't get into the nitty gritty of the candidate or their policy proposals. Instead, evaluate an election like this:

First Name Last Name (R) vs First Name Last Name (D). Then look at the PVI of the state/district and you can pick a winner from there. The personal histories of the candidate, particularly for the Republican side, doesn't matter.

Shoot, Eddie Murphy made a movie about that, how the "name" was all you really needed to win.

The fanboying is just weird.  I am glad TO never one because he is so insane when it comes to how conservative he is and honestly, he still has political power even without being in office and it is kind of annoying.

I admittedly know very little about Warnock, but where do we as citizens draw the line on where character and acumen are more valuable than being a Republican or Democrat?

Walker's past is laced with lies, misleading business success, an accusation of threatening his wife's life, and a clinically diagnosed multiple personality disorder. Obviously, no politician is a Saint, but what provides confidence or belief that he will be a true asset in the Senate? This guy sounds not only unqualified but potentially dangerous and a liar. 

How did we get to a point where a guy like this is the leading Republican candidate? I have my presumptions, largely tied into his football success and name recognition, and if that's the case... woof. We should be better.

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, Enhance said:

I admittedly know very little about Warnock, but where do we as citizens draw the line on where character and acumen are more valuable than being a Republican or Democrat?

Walker's past is laced with lies, misleading business success, an accusation of threatening his wife's life, and a clinically diagnosed multiple personality disorder. Obviously, no politician is a Saint, but what provides confidence or belief that he will be a true asset in the Senate? This guy sounds not only unqualified but potentially dangerous and a liar. 

How did we get to a point where a guy like this is the leading Republican candidate? I have my presumptions, largely tied into his football success and name recognition, and if that's the case... woof. We should be better.

Just wait until you hear about his cure for COVID! Here is on Glenn Beck's podcast when the Pandemic first started. This is what Republicansare about to elect:

“Do you know right now, I have something that [you can bring] into a building, that will clean you of COVID, as you walk through this, this dry mist?” Walker asks.

Beck, processing this information, squints. Walker interprets this as an invitation to proceed.

“As you walk through the door, it will kill any COVID on your body,” he continues. He leans in and adds, “EPA-, FDA-approved.”

“When you leave—it will kill the virus as you leave, this here product,” Walker says. He adds that he has a second unspecified miracle product, a “spray” possibly indicated for use after the dry mist treatment.

“They don’t want to talk about that. They don’t want to hear about that,” Walker says. “And I’m serious.”

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Just wait until you hear about his cure for COVID! Here is on Glenn Beck's podcast when the Pandemic first started. This is what Republicansare about to elect:

“Do you know right now, I have something that [you can bring] into a building, that will clean you of COVID, as you walk through this, this dry mist?” Walker asks.

Beck, processing this information, squints. Walker interprets this as an invitation to proceed.

“As you walk through the door, it will kill any COVID on your body,” he continues. He leans in and adds, “EPA-, FDA-approved.”

“When you leave—it will kill the virus as you leave, this here product,” Walker says. He adds that he has a second unspecified miracle product, a “spray” possibly indicated for use after the dry mist treatment.

“They don’t want to talk about that. They don’t want to hear about that,” Walker says. “And I’m serious.”

Well, their dream President did just endorse Dr. Oz......so this would be right up his alley  

3 hours ago, Enhance said:

He isn’t a pick I would like to have as first choice if I were a Georgian, however, he can’t really be any worse than Warnock policy wise and policy is what affects citizens.   

• Haha 2
45 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

He isn’t a pick I would like to have as first choice if I were a Georgian, however, he can’t really be any worse than Warnock policy wise and policy is what affects citizens.   

No, that’s not the only thing that affects citizens and the country. What everyone should have learned over the last 5 years, is that no matter what the policies are, having people with at least an ounce of honestly, credibility and experience is important. He has none of those. 

maybe if Republicans would concentrate on that at least some, it would help the whole country. 

• Plus1 4
23 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

No, that’s not the only thing that affects citizens and the country

I never made that assertion.  You must have me confused with someone else 

I should edit to say those other things you mentioned should be important in a candidate no doubt.  But in our nations history, some often unscrupulous individuals made for good policy politicians.    

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

However, people like him would create policy, and we all know policy is derived from several factors including a politician's machinations. A vote for him is a vote in support of his ability to create policy that positively impacts Georgians and Americans. There is very little evidence he is capable, qualified, or mentally stable enough to do so. Republicans in Georgia are OK with that, apparently.

I'm not saying Warnock's policies are clearly any better or worse, but if the argument is "well, Walker can't be any worse policy wise," well he certainly could be based on the actual facts we currently have available. The man is a documented liar with a past so full of pot holes it looks like Omaha's streets in mid-March. He's far more concerning professionally and personally than anything I could find on Warnock.

I think Americans (particularly Republicans in this example) are capable of being better.

• Plus1 1

This would be the perfect place for a Republican to outline their preferred policy platform, then link to Republican candidates or already elected officials advancing those specific policies.

• Plus1 4
1 hour ago, Enhance said:

I think Americans (particularly Republicans in this example) are capable of being better.

That's the game. The current Republican party wants people to believe that both major parties are equally extreme, both drifting symmetrically from the center, two opposite sides to the same coin. Or that the opposition is outright far more radical.

That is not the case.

• Plus1 3
11 hours ago, Enhance said:
12 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

However, people like him would create policy, and we all know policy is derived from several factors including a politician's machinations. A vote for him is a vote in support of his ability to create policy that positively impacts Georgians and Americans. There is very little evidence he is capable, qualified, or mentally stable enough to do so. Republicans in Georgia are OK with that, apparently.

I could argue that if a Freshmen Senator is mentally unstable to create policy good enough to have 60 Senators approve it, him creating policy isn’t much of a worry.    His vote for policy created by the Leadership Team is valuable though and something Warnock doesnt deliver that Walker would.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1