What is the future of the Republican Party?

27 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

No, and nobody is suggesting that. 'Society' and 'being an elected representative in the United States Senate' are also wildly different things.

Our sons and daughters with treatable mental illnesses are then disqualified from national elected office?  Is that what you are insinuating?  
Wouldn’t he be a great role model for those children if it’s shown he has overcome his problems to be one of 100 people in that profession?   Add in being another African American in that exclusive body.   Or is the whole overcoming adversity to achieve something and be celebrated just for Dems?  

The primaries will weed out his more recent background and we will see if he deserves to be elected in the state of GA.  

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Our sons and daughters with treatable mental illnesses are then disqualified from national elected office?  Is that what you are insinuating?  

No. I'm just encouraging you to stop propping up potential strawmen every time you post. You've done it again.

36 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Wouldn’t he be a great role model for those children if it’s shown he has overcome his problems to be one of 100 people in that profession?   Add in being another African American in that exclusive body.   Or is the whole overcoming adversity to achieve something and be celebrated just for Dems?  

I don't know if he would or not. Personally I doubt anyone in the Senate would be anything other than an awful role model, so if he wins, I would lean towards no, but sure if it is shown he has learned how to deal with his disorder in a healthy way he would be a good role model. I'd prefer we see the evidence of that made clear before considering voting for someone like that.

39 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

The primaries will weed out his more recent background and we will see if he deserves to be elected in the state of GA.  

How do you define 'deserves'? Just based on whether or not he gets the vote? Because you don't seem to be in a 'wait and see' mode in your evaluations of Walker.

37 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Why would the author actively choose to reference

two different metrics to try and prove an exaggeration point?

You tell us, you're the one making the assumption.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

liz couldn’t get past the election in a way that it was all she focused on.  That was my complaint and why she lost leadership. 

You realize she is doing that IN RESPONSE TO the head of the party refusing to let the go of this and his sycophants continuing to pretend he didn't actually lose, which is pretty uniformly swallowed up by the party rank-and-file... and not the other way around, right? 

This isn't Liz not getting past the election, it's her and a few others calling the center of GOP gravity on their crap because they won't let it go and continue bald-faced lying to millions of gullible Americans. In a way that makes other faction(s) of the party very, very mad.

There, I've done it. I defended a Cheney. I feel like I need a long, hot shower.

• Plus1 5
1 minute ago, Danny Bateman said:

You realize she is doing that IN RESPONSE TO the head of the party refusing to let the go of this and his sycophants continuing to pretend he didn't actually lose, which is pretty uniformly swallowed up by the party rank-and-file... and not the other way around, right? 

This isn't Liz not getting past the election, it's her and a few others calling the center of GOP gravity on their crap because they won't let it go and continue bald-faced lying to millions of gullible Americans. In a way that makes other faction(s) of the party very, very mad.

There, I've done it. I defended a Cheney. I feel like I need a long, hot shower.

Those cops couldn't get past my bank robbery, man. It's all they focused on, and frankly, for civil servants, I felt that was out of bounds.

It was just one bank robbery! Get over it, police!

• Plus1 2

7 hours ago, knapplc said:

Those cops couldn't get past my bank robbery, man. It's all they focused on, and frankly, for civil servants, I felt that was out of bounds.

It was just one bank robbery! Get over it, police!

It’s almost as if it’s even semi remotely in the ballpark of the same thing.   But we will go with it….

Let’s also forget about running the precinct while we solve that one bank robbery.  I mean, it’s a bank robbery that’s the only case we can focus on, nothing else matters or can be talked about.  Nope, fundraising for new equipment is out the window till we solve this robbery, other crimes…nahhh gotta solve the bank robbery, community outreach….no way, not until this bank robbery gets solved.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
8 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

I'd prefer we see the evidence of that

Sounds like similar language to me talking about the primaries.  

Because you don't seem to be in a 'wait and see' mode in your evaluations of Walker

That’s an assumption 

How do you define 'deserves'?

de·serve
/dəˈzərv/

verb
  1. do something or have or show qualities worthy of (reward or punishment).

• Plus1 3
40 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

It’s almost as if it’s even semi remotely in the ballpark of the same thing.   But we will go with it….

Let’s also forget about running the precinct while we solve that one bank robbery.  I mean, it’s a bank robbery that’s the only case we can focus on, nothing else matters or can be talked about.  Nope, fundraising for new equipment is out the window till we solve this robbery, other crimes…nahhh gotta solve the bank robbery, community outreach….no way, not until this bank robbery gets solved.  

And another strawman.  Can you show that Cheney has done nothing else with her time?  And even if she hasn't, investigating an attempted coup is an endeavor worthy of all her time...unless of course you're good with coups.

• Plus1 3

4 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

That’s an assumption 

My assumption is that you are already convinced of the following:

He can't be any worse than Warnock policy-wise

Despite there being very little evidence he is capable, qualified, or mentally stable enough to govern, he needs to win against Warnock

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

When electing the people who will determine the law of the land, wouldn't we consider their mental abilities as a whole? 

i.e. if your intellect leads you to believe and promote baseless conspiracy theories, it doesn't really matter how your brain got you there.

Walker has a multiple personality disorder. Donald Trump exhibits pathological narcissism..Marjorie Taylor Greene is dumb as a sack of hammers. As Martin Luther King once dreamed, we must judge people by the content of their character, not the color of their brain disorder. 

I appreciate Archy's newfound concern for the mentally afflicted, long overlooked by Republican policies gutting  their care and treatment. But perhaps he's getting a little too "woke" in this particular argument. There are other paths for people with multiple personality disorders and violent tendencies beyond trading on their fame for a position to influence the lives of all Americans.

The children would understand. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I appreciate Archy's newfound concern for the mentally afflicted, long overlooked by Republican policies gutting  their care and treatment. But perhaps he's getting a little too "woke" in this particular argument.

You quite frankly have zero idea what kind of experience and feelings I have towards those with mental illness and your comment about my “newfound concern” is complete bulls#!t and unnecessary.  It would be nice for you to try and make a position argument without the insults, if your capable.   

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 4
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

When electing the people who will determine the law of the land, wouldn't we consider their mental abilities as a whole? 

Do you currently not do that?   I thought it was a given. :dunno Evaluate the candidate, what they’ve done in the past, what their most current history is, what are their positions, what is their health, how they compare to others running?   

3 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

He can't be any worse than Warnock policy-wise

That’s a good assumption.  And a true statement, but that’s beside the point.  

• Plus1 2