What is the future of the Republican Party?

Just now, admo said:

Yeah, same.  Agreed.  

I also don't understand why anybody on HB message board would feel the need to bait and provoke anyone with this :facepalm:

"The deafening silence from the people who speak volumes - or occasionally - in P&R, but who have not spoken against this...

Yeah. Tell on yourself more.

We know you're reading this. Even those of you who never speak here, but toss in your votes.

We hear you. Silent & clear."

That there is stronger condemnation of my post than the heinous actions of the leading republican gubernatorial candidate could not scream louder.

By all means, show us what you consider to be the greatest wrong. 

• Plus1 2

11 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Again, as always, my responses are based entirely on the words you chose. And your long posting history. 

Again, your response isn’t based on any of that unless you would like to show where I have gone against mental health awareness before.   As you’ve said, it’s a long history and HB has a cool search function.  You should be able to easily back this up, but my guess is you won’t just as you previously haven’t. It seems when you make an asinine statement trying to denigrate someone and get caught, the above is your common statement trying to save face.   

• Plus1 2
16 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

You may have missed this in my second post to you.

If any politician is unable to carry out their duties because of mental issue, they shouldn’t be in the office anymore.   So if Walker is still having problems that would prevent him from serving, then he isn’t a better option than Warnock by default.

I saw that part, but I don't think I read the bolded that closely so my bad.

I guess my only concern at that point though is if we should wait until he's elected into office to find out. It's not very easy to get a politician out of office unless they're something like a convicted felon (shouts to Fortenberry).

Out of curiosity, how would you rate him on a scale of 1-10 in terms of his background, qualifications, and potential as a U.S. Senator? 10 being the best. Because I'm sitting at a solid 2/10 right now and I don't see his potential opportunities (e.g. his life as a conservative black man) being of enough value to overlook so many of these other concerns.

• Plus1 1

27 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I saw that part, but I don't think I read the bolded that closely so my bad.

I guess my only concern at that point though is if we should wait until he's elected into office to find out. It's not very easy to get a politician out of office unless they're something like a convicted felon (shouts to Fortenberry).

Out of curiosity, how would you rate him on a scale of 1-10 in terms of his background, qualifications, and potential as a U.S. Senator? 10 being the best. Because I'm sitting at a solid 2/10 right now and I don't see his potential opportunities (e.g. his life as a conservative black man) being of enough value to overlook so many of these other concerns.

4 or 5 mainly because we know little about his post NFL background and since I don’t live in GA or get involved in races out of state I don’t care to spend much time looking into it. 

I hope he starts to debate in primaries and I hope GA picks a candidate worthy of election in the R primary to eventually face Warnock.  

• Plus1 1

I guess we're just numb to the depths of Trump's coup attempt but if any of his sycophants like Chip Roy or Mike Lee in this case, had any integrity they wouldn't be neck deep in trying to subvert the Constitution.  Exhibit A of why it is far more than just whether a person will vote the party line or not.

Conservatives should be able to get behind McMullin, but they won't, not because of policy, but because of Lee's fealty to Trump.  

• Plus1 3
9 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

4 or 5 mainly because we know little about his post NFL background and since I don’t live in GA or get involved in races out of state I don’t care to spend much time looking into it. 

I hope he starts to debate in primaries and I hope GA picks a candidate worthy of election in the R primary to eventually face Warnock.  

We know little about his background

I don't live there

I'm not involved in races out of state

I don't care to spend much time looking into it

On 4/11/2022 at 9:18 AM, BigRedBuster said:

The guy needs to lose bad. 

On 4/11/2022 at 9:51 AM, Archy1221 said:

Not if it’s against Warnock.  

You offer so many disclaimers in regards to the R candidate and nothing but confidence against the D one.

• Plus1 5
7 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

We know little about his background

I don't live there

I'm not involved in races out of state

I don't care to spend much time looking into it

You offer so many disclaimers in regards to the R candidate and nothing but confidence against the D one.

You may not be aware, Warnock has a Senate voting record and went through an election cycle already that was quite prominent in the news.  His story was told and his votes are recorded.    

Walker’s story is in the process of being told and he has no political voting record that I am aware of.   Weird how that different ehh???

Now, since you love to spend time researching posts, would you like to include those I made about him not being a preferred candidate, thinking a better one should be had, agreeing with comments the doctor of strange love on a post.    

You definitely get the try hard award for this I will at least give you that.  The work itself leaves much to be desired.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
On 4/15/2022 at 4:34 AM, Archy1221 said:

Again, your response isn’t based on any of that unless you would like to show where I have gone against mental health awareness before.   As you’ve said, it’s a long history and HB has a cool search function.  You should be able to easily back this up, but my guess is you won’t just as you previously haven’t. It seems when you make an asinine statement trying to denigrate someone and get caught, the above is your common statement trying to save face.   

You know perfectly well that your post feigning confusion about why a Democrat of all people would hold someone's mental health against him was trolling, just as no one would expect you to lay off a Democrat with a potential multiple personality disorder and a violent past. Your ability to move goal posts and splatter content across P&R allows you to point to things you said in the past as a way of dodging the horses#!t you just typed. Folks have learned to connect the dots. 

Myself and others have indeed  gone back and pulled posts to prove this to you, and to no one's surprise you keep playing dodge ball. If I scour P&R for your multiple Liz Cheney insults, would it be any different? 

As for your previous posts on mental illness? None that I can recall. Which is why this is a perfect time for a Policy-First Republican like yourself to review the mental health policies your party has advocated over the last 40 years and explain how your concern over mental health is reflected in the people you vote for. 

• Plus1 3

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

You may not be aware, Warnock has a Senate voting record and went through an election cycle already that was quite prominent in the news.  His story was told and his votes are recorded.

You've been engaging in conversations about Walker/Warnock for days now, and still haven't offered a single concern about that voting record. What's he done that makes it so clear he needs to lose to someone who might not at all be fit for office? 

• Plus1 3
28 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

You've been engaging in conversations about Walker/Warnock for days now, and still haven't offered a single concern about that voting record. What's he done that makes it so clear he needs to lose to someone who might not at all be fit for office? 

The conversation has been geared towards Walker, which you knew.  however, here a brief few.  

Position was to Nuke the filibuster 

Supports H.R 4

S. 2093 support 

H.R. 1319 support

• Plus1 1
On 4/14/2022 at 9:18 PM, admo said:

Yeah, same.  Agreed.  

I also don't understand why anybody on HB message board would feel the need to bait and provoke anyone with this :facepalm:

"The deafening silence from the people who speak volumes - or occasionally - in P&R, but who have not spoken against this...

Yeah. Tell on yourself more.

We know you're reading this. Even those of you who never speak here, but toss in your votes.

We hear you. Silent & clear."

Yeah, I know how it feels like a constant attack in here. I will say that your are honest, consistent, and unapologetic, so I genuinely want your point of view. Especially since this is literally the What Is the Future of the Republican Party thread.

So if I'm doing my math correctly, 100% of the people who voted for Trump in here hope the GOP moves on with another candidate, and while feeling resolutely Republican, nobody endorses the Republican clowns getting all the publicity. At the same time Trump remains the resounding 2024 first choice nominee, and the GOP may well take Congress by electing the next wave of Boberts, Greene's, Cawthorns, and Gaetz's, in Trump-endorsed campaigns with Stolen Election conspiracies as the #1 issue. 

That makes me wonder what happens when you venture outside this particular forum and hang with friends who are closer in affiliation. Do they share your distaste for the clowns? The Nebraska brand of flamethrowers, too? Again, the math suggests a lot of Republicans are increasingly afraid to speak out against this wing, and maybe the wing is now bigger than the GOP traditionalists.

Maybe you vent to your conservative friends about all the virtue signalers in here. Maybe you don't call them out if their conspiracy theories get too whack. Maybe you do. I don't know. Genuinely curious, though. At this moment the country seems literally insane to me, and I'm trying to figure it out. 

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

As for your previous posts on mental illness? None that I can recall.

Wait what??

On 4/15/2022 at 6:34 AM, Archy1221 said:

Again, as always, my responses are based entirely on the words you chose.

This is what you told me as to why you said what you said about me being “woke” to mental illness issues.  

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Wait what??

This is what you told me as to why you said what you said about me being “woke” to mental illness issues.  

Yes. I could recall no post of yours advocating for a more compassionate approach to mental health, until it applied to Herschel Walker with a little lib-bating tweak.  Apologies if I missed them, but like you say there's a simple search feature here if you want to school me.

And of course that was simply my segue into asking you about your support for mental health from an actual policy basis, something you insist is your priority but remains unanswered. Also, not supported by your party as a rule. (Nice Wikipedia research on Warnock's voting record, btw)

Was I bating you with the word "woke?"  Absolutely.