What is the future of the Republican Party?

15 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I could argue that if a Freshmen Senator is mentally unstable to create policy good enough to have 60 Senators approve it, him creating policy isn’t much of a worry.    His vote for policy created by the Leadership Team is valuable though and something Warnock doesnt deliver that Walker would.  

The disappointing thing is that you can't nominate better candidates. 

It can't be that hard to find a decent Republican candidate to add a vote to the R column who doesn't go around saying he has a cure for COVID, threatened the lives of two ex wives, and avoids debates because his team is terrified about what he might say. 

• Plus1 6

26 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

The disappointing thing is that you can't nominate better candidates. 

It can't be that hard to find a decent Republican candidate to add a vote to the R column who doesn't go around saying he has a cure for COVID, threatened the lives of two ex wives, and avoids debates because his team is terrified about what he might say. 

I don’t nominate any candidate in GA, but I do agree that there should be a better candidate than Walker. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I don’t nominate any candidate in GA, but I do agree that there should be a better candidate than Walker. 

But isn't it weird how often this scenario is being repeated in Republican races across the country?  Bedrock conservatives getting outflanked by genuinely dimwitted rightwing flamethrowers, using loyalty to Trump(ism) as the litmus test? Forcing the already conservative to lurch even farther right --- beyond actual policy and into symbolic grandstanding? 

I think it was Matt Gaetz who warned us he wasn't the outlier. The Gaetz's, MTGs, Boberts, and Cawthorns were the future of the party , he said, and they were just going to keep coming.

Unless Republicans stood up and stopped them. Instead of rationalizing them. 

Again, feel free to outline the actual GOP policy initiatives and how they will help the American people. 

• Plus1 7
40 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

But isn't it weird how often this scenario is being repeated in Republican races across the country?  Bedrock conservatives getting outflanked by genuinely dimwitted rightwing flamethrowers, using loyalty to Trump(ism) as the litmus test? Forcing the already conservative to lurch even farther right --- beyond actual policy and into symbolic grandstanding? 

I think it was Matt Gaetz who warned us he wasn't the outlier. The Gaetz's, MTGs, Boberts, and Cawthorns were the future of the party , he said, and they were just going to keep coming.

Unless Republicans stood up and stopped them. Instead of rationalizing them. 

Again, feel free to outline the actual GOP policy initiatives and how they will help the American people. 

This thread has the receipts claiming the flame throwing, wackadoodle, GQP wing isn't the future of the Republican Party.  Yet here we are.  

• Plus1 5

59 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

But, she votes the way republicans want her to vote so….she’s good got America. 

is that how this works?

If your commentary on this article is in relation to the Walker discussion, then the answer is no.   

In regards to the article itself and Adam’s comments on an article he most likely didn’t read…

1) I don’t like MTG and hope she gets primaried.   I would also hope she loses to a Dem if not to teach others not to be such a terrible politician.  Unfortunately need to say that here because of those who think any contextual thinking on her comments will come off as a complete defense of her as a person to some here 
2)  She didn’t really just get asked “what do you think about the military” and say “it’s like throwing your life away”.  It was after questioner brought up fighting ME wars for 20 yrs and having not much to show for it.   The context of those comments matters some.  
3) some military complaints are valid in the article.   My nephew and his wife are both military, both ROTC and he wanted to make a career out of it.  He just left this past year after his initial commitment was done because of how different he felt it has become.   (He’s no rabid far right Republican either) 

• Plus1 3

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

But, she votes the way republicans want her to vote so….she’s good got America. 

is that how this works?

Pretty sure there is about 99% concensus on this site that Marge is a clown and cannot remember anyone who thinks she be a Congressional Representative.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Pretty sure there is about 99% concensus on this site that Marge is a clown and cannot remember anyone who thinks she be a Congressional Representative.

But the problem is that MTG shares many of the same clownish traits as former President Donald Trump, who enthusiastically endorses her as a True Believer. The same Donald Trump who remains the leading GOP 2024 candidates by far.

Again, there's a lot of consensus on this site, with Republicans, former Republicans and Independents advocating for a GOP return to sanity, but for some reason this isn't reflected in the people being elected, even in Nebraska. 

• Plus1 4
39 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

And what makes you think Walker can govern appropriately?

I assume spell check got you and you mean Walker.  

i don’t know much of anything about his life the past 10 years and I would guess that will be flushed out I assume during this primary.  

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

If your commentary on this article is in relation to the Walker discussion, then the answer is no.   

In regards to the article itself and Adam’s comments on an article he most likely didn’t read…

1) I don’t like MTG and hope she gets primaried.   I would also hope she loses to a Dem if not to teach others not to be such a terrible politician.  Unfortunately need to say that here because of those who think any contextual thinking on her comments will come off as a complete defense of her as a person to some here 

When I read this, you sound like a guy who would support Liz Cheney's attempt to restore civility and conservative values. But instead you mocked her mercilessly. 

At this point we're not looking at loose cannon Republicans who can be corralled into passing sensible conservative legislation, we're looking at ideological nutcases willing to overthrow democracy. And given how blurry that line is at the moment, I guess it doesn't matter.  

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

When I read this, you sound like a guy who would support Liz Cheney's attempt to restore civility and conservative values. But instead you mocked her mercilessly. 

At this point we're not looking at loose cannon Republicans who can be corralled into passing sensible conservative legislation, we're looking at ideological nutcases willing to overthrow democracy. And given how blurry that line is at the moment, I guess it doesn't matter.  

Mocked her mercilessly?!?  :laughpound If my commentary on her is considered mocking mercilessly, politicians have some pretty thin skin now a days.  

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1