What is the future of the Republican Party?

6 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

You may not be aware, Warnock has a Senate voting record and went through an election cycle already that was quite prominent in the news.  His story was told and his votes are recorded.    

Walker’s story is in the process of being told and he has no political voting record that I am aware of.   Weird how that different ehh???

Now, since you love to spend time researching posts, would you like to include those I made about him not being a preferred candidate, thinking a better one should be had, agreeing with comments the doctor of strange love on a post.    

You definitely get the try hard award for this I will at least give you that.  The work itself leaves much to be desired.  

There’s more important things than voting record. I thought we learned that over the last 5 years. 

7 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Myself and others have indeed  gone back and pulled posts to prove this to you, and to no one's surprise you keep playing dodge ball. If I scour P&R for your multiple Liz Cheney insults, would it be any different? 

So you will or will not be going back to let me know what merciless mocking is?  I can’t keep up.  

Your ability to move goal posts and splatter content across P&R allows you to point to things you said in the past as a way of dodging the horses#!t you just typed.

You mean like telling someone you based your opinion on their previous posting history and then when called out say it was actually based on not having posting history?  Crazy ehhh.  Or I guess it’s horses#!t you typed. 

As for your previous posts on mental illness?

None that I can recall.

• Fire 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
12 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Yeah, I know how it feels like a constant attack in here. I will say that your are honest, consistent, and unapologetic, so I genuinely want your point of view. Especially since this is literally the What Is the Future of the Republican Party thread.

So if I'm doing my math correctly, 100% of the people who voted for Trump in here hope the GOP moves on with another candidate, and while feeling resolutely Republican, nobody endorses the Republican clowns getting all the publicity. At the same time Trump remains the resounding 2024 first choice nominee, and the GOP may well take Congress by electing the next wave of Boberts, Greene's, Cawthorns, and Gaetz's, in Trump-endorsed campaigns with Stolen Election conspiracies as the #1 issue. 

That makes me wonder what happens when you venture outside this particular forum and hang with friends who are closer in affiliation. Do they share your distaste for the clowns? The Nebraska brand of flamethrowers, too? Again, the math suggests a lot of Republicans are increasingly afraid to speak out against this wing, and maybe the wing is now bigger than the GOP traditionalists.

Maybe you vent to your conservative friends about all the virtue signalers in here. Maybe you don't call them out if their conspiracy theories get too whack. Maybe you do. I don't know. Genuinely curious, though. At this moment the country seems literally insane to me, and I'm trying to figure it out. 

Thank you.  I know I am mixture of sorts... assertive, brash, opinionated... but also easy going, for real.  I know what I like and dislike.  Meaning, stand for something or fall for anything.  Having said that, I would never refuse to sit down with you and have a drink and wings.  I agree with you, that this country seems that it's lost it's mind.  And the voices coming from the loudest people are unbearable and ridiculous. 

If you do not mind I will circle back on this.  I can tell you right quick, that the GOP has some good people, but there are a handful of nutcrackers that are obnoxious and need to shut up, and focus more on being representatives.  I do not like them.  There is the same thing on the left.  I hate mainstream media.  I am not on any social media platform or other message boards.  A friend tried to get me into Reddit back in 2012.  I checked it out and lost interest.  Most of my circle votes democrat, but they like things about the republican party, and it's gaining ground more so these days.  To give a demographic, think of Oakland, ATL, Philly, St. Louis, Dallas and country folk in the South.  And if it was up to us (it's not), we would take the best of both sides and create a party of balance, the yin & yang of each (R's & D's) to create a Chi.  Wouldn't that be great?  

I grab my news from all different sources... Al-jazeera, Christian Science Monitor, BBC, Wall Street Journal, youtube (RB, Bill Maher, Joe Rogan, Ben Shapiro - I love that guy!).....and lots more.  I have never seen Tucker's show.  Although when the elections come I do tune into fox more for coverage (but also the others mentioned).

The future of the GOP is not a mess.  But the loudest nutjobs need to go away.  I did like Trump, and he did some good things. I wish he had bowed out gracefully and quietly after November, no matter how much crap he endured every day for 4+ years.... from mainstream media, from social media, to the "joe anybody" with a platform. I mean, Did you ever think, how much can one man take? I think he finally got broken down.  And I do not want him running again.  I think the candidates for both parties are up in the air, and it will be interesting to see how the primaries unfold.  Even though I keep hearing Trump is running, I don't believe it and won't believe it until I see it.  But again, I've turned a page on him, and would love to see something new and fresh represent the GOP.  

Hope this makes sense.  Cheers, admo

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

The conversation has been geared towards Walker, which you knew.  however, here a brief few.  

Position was to Nuke the filibuster 

Supports H.R 4

S. 2093 support 

H.R. 1319 support

Wait so you freely admit that you're confident someone who might not be fit for office should definitely beat the incumbent Senator (before knowing whether or not he's fit for office), and your reasoning for that is... he's voted in support of COVID relief and voting rights and election security? 

I thought you'd at least trot out some 'murdering babies' type of rationale or something that could actually be understandably alarming according to your worldview. 

• Plus1 4
13 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

The conversation has been geared towards Walker, which you knew.  however, here a brief few.  

Position was to Nuke the filibuster 

Supports H.R 4

S. 2093 support 

H.R. 1319 support

Wait so you freely admit that you're confident someone who might not be fit for office should definitely beat the incumbent Senator (before knowing whether or not he's fit for office), and your reasoning for that is... he's voted in support of COVID relief and voting rights and election security? 

I thought you'd at least trot out some 'murdering babies' type of rationale or something that could actually be understandably alarming according to your worldview. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
15 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

So you will or will not be going back to let me know what merciless mocking is?  I can’t keep up.  

You mean like telling someone you based your opinion on their previous posting history and then when called out say it was actually based on not having posting history?  Crazy ehhh.  Or I guess it’s horses#!t you typed. 

JFC. 

Your previous posting history did not advocate for mental health compassion, until Hershel Walker entered the conversation. That's the point, near-genius. 

At least not that I recall. Maybe I was wrong. I invited you to use that simple search function and school me. Either that or explain your mental health advocacy in terms of public policy.

And if I remove the word "merciless" will you at least be a gentleman and admit you mocked Liz Cheney, a Republican who advocates everything you pretend to advocate in here? 

• Plus1 4
9 hours ago, admo said:

Thank you.  I know I am mixture of sorts... assertive, brash, opinionated... but also easy going, for real.  I know what I like and dislike.  Meaning, stand for something or fall for anything.  Having said that, I would never refuse to sit down with you and have a drink and wings.  I agree with you, that this country seems that it's lost it's mind.  And the voices coming from the loudest people are unbearable and ridiculous. 

If you do not mind I will circle back on this.  I can tell you right quick, that the GOP has some good people, but there are a handful of nutcrackers that are obnoxious and need to shut up, and focus more on being representatives.  I do not like them.  There is the same thing on the left.  I hate mainstream media.  I am not on any social media platform or other message boards.  A friend tried to get me into Reddit back in 2012.  I checked it out and lost interest.  Most of my circle votes democrat, but they like things about the republican party, and it's gaining ground more so these days.  To give a demographic, think of Oakland, ATL, Philly, St. Louis, Dallas and country folk in the South.  And if it was up to us (it's not), we would take the best of both sides and create a party of balance, the yin & yang of each (R's & D's) to create a Chi.  Wouldn't that be great?  

I grab my news from all different sources... Al-jazeera, Christian Science Monitor, BBC, Wall Street Journal, youtube (RB, Bill Maher, Joe Rogan, Ben Shapiro - I love that guy!).....and lots more.  I have never seen Tucker's show.  Although when the elections come I do tune into fox more for coverage (but also the others mentioned).

The future of the GOP is not a mess.  But the loudest nutjobs need to go away.  I did like Trump, and he did some good things. I wish he had bowed out gracefully and quietly after November, no matter how much crap he endured every day for 4+ years.... from mainstream media, from social media, to the "joe anybody" with a platform. I mean, Did you ever think, how much can one man take? I think he finally got broken down.  And I do not want him running again.  I think the candidates for both parties are up in the air, and it will be interesting to see how the primaries unfold.  Even though I keep hearing Trump is running, I don't believe it and won't believe it until I see it.  But again, I've turned a page on him, and would love to see something new and fresh represent the GOP.  

Hope this makes sense.  Cheers, admo

Appreciate the take. Makes plenty of sense. 

11 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

I’m shocked you don’t know what’s in the bills that were voted on or supported.   Shocked I tell ya…..

Democrat H.R. something something bill:  clean water bill focus and sneak in an end to the filibuster into the bill.  

Republicans:  we vote no because of the filibuster poison pill

Lorewarn:  I can’t believe you would vote against clean water. It’s not like it’s a murdering babies bill.  Why do republicans hate clean water :ahhhhhhhh

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

11 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Your previous posting history did not advocate for mental health compassion, until Hershel Walker entered the conversation. That's the point, near-genius.

Was mental health issues a subject brought up the promoted much discussion from anyone since summer of 2000.  If so, you know for sure I didn’t comment on it?

Here are some disease states I haven’t discussed much at all on here either:  Retinal Vasculitis, AMD, prostrate cance, breast cancer, testicular cancer, MS, CF.   Does that mean my previous posting says I don’t care about those issues and once I start talking about them I turn woke?  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Was mental health issues a subject brought up the promoted much discussion from anyone since summer of 2000.  If so, you know for sure I didn’t comment on it?

It's hard to know for sure what you're saying here with the very confusing grammar, but if I'm understanding you right, here's the thing. If it's something you care about, it's something you talk about; not something you only talk about if it's already being talked about.

The context in which you bring up mental health in regards to Herschel Walker really couldn't make it any clearer to anybody that the reason you're bringing it up has nothing to do with it being something you care about. Not that you have absolutely zero care about mental health, but specifically that whatever amount you care about it was not the motivation for you suddenly wondering about how great and amazing it would be for people to see a Republican Senator overcome his issues and get elected.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
7 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

It's hard to know for sure what you're saying here with the very confusing grammar, but if I'm understanding you right, here's the thing. If it's something you care about, it's something you talk about; not something you only talk about if it's already being talked about.

Very sorry that autocorrect will do this when using a phone to post.  Hopefully on all future posts, I take the time to correct any grammar mistakes for the grammar police.  

I care about each one of those issues I mentioned for one specific reason or another.   Doesn’t mean I’m gonna talk about them on a the Huskerboard Politics and Religion board.  Alzheimer’s runs in my father which is a mental health issue and I don’t know that I’ve spoken much about that and depression runs deep in my wife’s family for as many generations as she has known.   Even the grammar police would know that I care deeply about my generational family and my wife’s.   But I doubt there are many posts from me on either issue.  

Medium story short, you are wrong in your assessment.  (Apologize in advance for bad grammar going forward). 

• Plus1 2

One of the reasons mental health is being more openly discussed these days is because of years and years of efforts to de-stigmatize it. Once that conversation opened up, we realized that virtually everyone has someone among family and close friends affected by mental illness, often serious mental illness, that had been hidden or undiagnosed, or simply not talked about due to the social shame. That's a pretty huge development. 

Using Herschel Walker to give it a partisan slant seems like a real stretch.

If you want to talk about mental health in the What is the Future of the Republican Party thread, let's talk about public policy and social services. 

If you want to talk about pathological conspiracy theories being legitimized as normal discourse........I don't even know where to begin. 

• Plus1 3