What is the future of the Republican Party?

I'm finding this interesting and probably, most people aren't paying attention to it.

Wonderful.  So, one of the most Republican states in the nation.....just hasn't been MAGA enough.  :facepalm:

Reasons for change

People who voted for change Saturday gave a variety of reasons. Some said they wanted state party leaders to pay more attention to county parties in rural parts of the state. 

Some said they wanted the GOP to fully embrace former President Donald Trump’s unproven allegations about the 2020 presidential election that he lost to President Joe Biden. 

Some said they were frustrated about the Nebraska GOP and governor taking sides in races with more than one Republican candidate. They mentioned a 2020 legislative race between Republicans Julie Slama and Janet Palmtag. The party, under Ricketts’ leadership, campaigned against Palmtag, who lost and has since re-registered as a Democrat.

24 minutes ago, alexhortdog95 said:

Best decision Herschel ever made was leaving Dallas and going to Minnesota, because when he did that, it paved the way for the Cowboys to become one of the biggest dynasties of the 90s....

And my Vikings ended up with perhaps one of the biggest trade busts in the history of the NFL.  Worked great for Dallas -not so much for the Vikings.  

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

But also poised to dominate elections contributing to the decline of America.

Yeah, that's why I'd like to hear more from our resident Republicans.  Is the dismantling of democracy and leadership by demonstrable morons and hate-mongers worth looking the other way,?

Is it still about small government, less regulation, and pro-business for you, or has it morphed into something else? 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Is it still about small government, less regulation, and pro-business for you, or has it morphed into something else? 

Unfortunately, it has morphed into a personality cult which is centered around power, power over minorities, power over anything that would threatened a white, male, right wing dominated society. And I say that as a white male conservative.  I don't consider trump supporters traditional conservatives.  They are nationalists and many with a racist slant.  

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I'm too tired to do the math, but it was already clear that too many people are willing to support Trump even if they know he lied about the election. 

I know plenty of people that don't like him or his character, but agree with his "policy"...

• Plus1 1
42 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

I would love to hear from the people who agree that Trump attempted to overturn the election and that he claimed the election was fraudulent without evidence......but say Trump didn't mislead the public about the outcome of the election.

Actually, I think the fact the first two are the exact same percentage is telling.  To me, it says that the J6 committee has been able to cement this belief in people who aren't brainwashed by Trump.  The other 33% will never be convinced.  There is a hard line there that is going to be hard to move.