What is the future of the Republican Party?

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

And, when you have so many MAGAts being elected this next election to state legislatures or governors that are convinced the last election was stolen, we are setting ourselves up fir a disaster in 2024. 

Very true, although to be clear, the legislatures and governors know full well the election was not stolen. That delusion is in the minds of MAGA voters. They're simply being used as a tool to subvert Democracy so they can stay in power. 

• Plus1 1

11 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Very true, although to be clear, the legislatures and governors know full well the election was not stolen. That delusion is in the minds of MAGA voters. They're simply being used as a tool to subvert Democracy so they can stay in power. 

I’m not so sure about that. Have you heard things coming out of Wyoming and Arizona?  Those politicians are bat s#!t crazy. 

• Plus1 1
34 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I've said this a few times: raw votes does not get a Democrat elected. Everybody knows they're going to win the popular vote. The issue is the popular vote margin the Democrat candidate needs to win by is growing with each election cycle, since the Electoral College rewards geography more than the popular vote. 

In 2016, popular vote D candidate needed to win: 2.2%, they won by 2.1% and lost the election.

In 2020, popular vote margin D candidate needed to win: 4.3%, they won by 4.4% and won the election. 

By 2024, this trend is going to continue. A D candidate will need to win the popular vote by ~5.5% or higher, nearly impossible margins, in order to win. 

Translation: Trump/DeSantis can win with fewer votes than in 2020, even if they lose by a blowout of 8-10 million popular votes. All of this is before SCOTUS legalized whatever nonsense Republicans want to do at the state level. 

Thanks

• Haha 1
26 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I’m not so sure about that. Have you heard things coming out of Wyoming and Arizona?  Those politicians are bat s#!t crazy. 

Yep. It would be a mistake to think these people realize what is actually true. Unquestionably many of them do think the election was really stolen.

• Plus1 1

Can anyone explain to me how these POS’s are able to get about half the country behind their mindless ideas? How do regular Americans begin to identify with lying, cheating anti-American ultra-rich a$$h@!es?

I could accept 10% to 20% but how are so many more stupid enough to fall for this crap? It’s just mindblowing.

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Can anyone explain to me how these POS’s are able to get about half the country behind their mindless ideas? How do regular Americans begin to identify with lying, cheating anti-American ultra-rich a$$h@!es?

I could accept 10% to 20% but how are so many more stupid enough to fall for this crap? It’s just mindblowing.

I may never understand it.  It is mind blowing.  Unfortunately you can sell anything and there will always be someone who will buy it.  Some people are just more gullible.  That and certain people just want to hear what they want to hear i/e the ignorant.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

And, when you have so many MAGAts being elected this next election to state legislatures or governors that are convinced the last election was stolen, we are setting ourselves up fir a disaster in 2024. 

And possibly a disaster for the forseeable future. Even a small country like Belarus can't get out from under a dictator because no one will help them, so if we let democracy go there's no coming back for at least centuries.

38 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

34 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

I may never understand it.  It is mind blowing.  Unfortunately you can sell anything and there will always be someone who will buy it.  Some people are just more gullible.  That and certain people just want to hear what they want to hear i/e the ignorant.

I think part of the problem is so many Americans are convinced of America's greatness and invincibility that it doesn't even occur to them to consider that democracy could slip away, even when the signs are slapping them in the face. So they continue voting for the lunatics for a couple meaningless small gains in bulls#!t nonsense carrots on sticks that don't matter in the grand scheme of things.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1