What is the future of the Republican Party?

8 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Oh, well, that explains the utter stupidity of it then. Say no more, say no more.

Constitutionally it is utterly stupid but the crazy part is Trumpists are all for having a strongman in office.  Remember the old boy who asked Michael Flynn "why can't we do what they did in "Minamer" (Myanmar)?  And Flynn responded we should.  

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

That's absolute BS!

Planned Parenthood isn't an abortion provider. They provide health services to the community which at present does include abortions where legal. The overwhelming majority of what they do is not abortions. They provide critical services to both women and men; like STD tests/treatment, pregnancy test, HIV screening and treatment, cancer screenings, other medical exams, contraceptive services, treatment for sexual dysfunction, treatment for infertility, patient education on various topics, and I'm sure even more things I'm not aware of at little to no cost. They're literally an invaluable service to low income communities.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, ZRod said:

That's absolute BS!

Planned Parenthood isn't an abortion provider. They provide health services to the community which at present does include abortions where legal. The overwhelming majority of what they do is not abortions. They provide critical services to both women and men; like STD tests/treatment, pregnancy test, HIV screening and treatment, cancer screenings, other medical exams, contraceptive services, treatment for sexual dysfunction, treatment for infertility, patient education on various topics, and I'm sure even more things I'm not aware of at little to no cost. They're literally an invaluable service to low income communities.

You're likely correct, but I have seen info they are the largest provider of abortions in the US. 

I just saw the reasoning from an Iowa R that presented a different bill on contraception, and posted it for context.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, ZRod said:

That's absolute BS!

26 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

You're likely correct, but I have seen info they are the largest provider of abortions in the US. 

I just saw the reasoning from an Iowa R that presented a different bill on contraception, and posted it for context.

Yes, Planned Parenthood far and away provides the most abortions in the US. That does not nullify anything else ZRod claimed though, but they definitely are an abortion provider.

Edit to add-

This got me curious so I looked up the numbers. PP provides over 1/3 of all abortions in the US, around 320,000+ per year. And yikes….abortions make up 95% of their pregnancy resolution services. For comparison, they provide less than 2% of cancer screenings.

I’m not going anti-abortion on ya, just trying to keep it real.

• Plus1 2
43 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Yes, Planned Parenthood far and away provides the most abortions in the US. That does not nullify anything else ZRod claimed though, but they definitely are an abortion provider.

Edit to add-

This got me curious so I looked up the numbers. PP provides over 1/3 of all abortions in the US, around 320,000+ per year. And yikes….abortions make up 95% of their pregnancy resolution services. For comparison, they provide less than 2% of cancer screenings.

How many STD/HIV screening do they do? How many forms of birth control do they provide? Over half of all abortions are via the pill (before 10 weeks and out patient). Federal funding has basically been baned for abortions since the 70s. Planned Parenthood is a healthcare provider. The abortion provider label and that entire tweet is all BS red herring garbage.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

Edit to add-

Unless they deliver babies, how many other “pregnancy resolutions” are there?

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Unless they deliver babies, how many other “pregnancy resolutions” are there?

Provide them with whatever healthcare services they came in for and then let them go have their baby :dunno I mean 95% of the pregnant people they see ending in abortion would indicate that PP really doesn’t provide much except abortions for pregnant people. Right? 5% of the pregnant are leaving without an abortion and if they don’t deliver babies….

51 minutes ago, ZRod said:

How many STD/HIV screening do they do? How many forms of birth control do they provide? Over half of all abortions are via the pill (before 10 weeks and out patient). Federal funding has basically been baned for abortions since the 70s. Planned Parenthood is a healthcare provider. The abortion provider label and that entire tweet is all BS red herring garbage.

I was only addressing your claim that they are not an abortion provider. Obviously they are the largest provider of abortions. I’m not insinuating they don’t provide other valuable services.

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Provide them with whatever healthcare services they came in for and then let them go have their baby :dunno I mean 95% of the pregnant people they see ending in abortion would indicate that PP really doesn’t provide much except abortions for pregnant people. Right? 5% of the pregnant are leaving without an abortion and if they don’t deliver babies….

They are helping with adoption services :dunno

But I think even PP will admit there are places more qualified for that.

• Plus1 1
25 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

This is an old link

https://www.cnn.com/2015/08/04/health/planned-parenthood-by-the-numbers/index.html

But in 2014/15 they performed 1.1 million pregnancy tests and around 320 thousand abortions (overwhelmingly most very early).

I don’t think it’s crazy that a lot of unplanned pregnancies end with a pill in the first couple of months.

52 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I was only addressing your claim that they are not an abortion provider. Obviously they are the largest provider of abortions. I’m not insinuating they don’t provide other valuable services.

You understand the issue with labeling them that exclusively, right? On their website it shows that abortions are 3% of their services. STD testing and treatment is over 50%, contraceptive is 25%, and cancer screening is 13%. That's like labeling a hospital an amputation provider. 

If we label anyone who can/does provide an abortion as an abortion provider then OBGYNs, family practitioners, and hospitals are all abortion providers too. And in some states PAs and NPs would be as well. Why are we not cutting their funding? Because it's a very misleading and poor title that only serves one purpose.

• Plus1 3