What is the future of the Republican Party?

3 hours ago, ZRod said:

You understand the issue with labeling them that exclusively, right? On their website it shows that abortions are 3% of their services. STD testing and treatment is over 50%, contraceptive is 25%, and cancer screening is 13%. That's like labeling a hospital an amputation provider. 

If we label anyone who can/does provide an abortion as an abortion provider then OBGYNs, family practitioners, and hospitals are all abortion providers too. And in some states PAs and NPs would be as well. Why are we not cutting their funding? Because it's a very misleading and poor title that only serves one purpose.

Now I see. Yes it is a problem to label them as exclusively or primarily an abortion provider. That is not what I was doing but is obviously what you were pushing back on.

Somebody needs to provide abortions. It doesn’t matter to me if it’s them or somewhere else. It’s all vital healthcare services.

• Plus1 1

55 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

But, I'm told Republicans don't like her because she isn't concentrating on issues.

She can either (speaking of Liz)

A.  help save democracy or 

B. Help some small business guy in Wy.

What is more important:dunno

Small minded people like Harriet, the Hag, Hageman will always complain  and nip at the heels of the great ones in their midst.  This is Liz's time to do what is needed yet the GOP doesn't recognize the "Esther" (for such a time as this) in their own ranks.  They don't recognize that in helping to save democracy, Liz is also helping to save the party.  

14 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

They don't recognize that in helping to save democracy, Liz is also helping to save the party.  

You had me till this.

This is what reality SHOULD be.  However, as it turns out, by helping save Democracy, she is tearing apart the Republican Party.  Because they don't want to do that.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You had me till this.

This is what reality SHOULD be.  However, as it turns out, by helping save Democracy, she is tearing apart the Republican Party.  Because they don't want to do that.

Yes, there is 2 ways of looking at it.  She is tearing apart the current version of the Rep party. But if these people had half a brain, they'd see that what is good for Democracy is good for the party if the party wasn't a cult.

Same way  - voting rights and access is good for all and is also good for the party - because the GOP will not always control the majority of state legislatures 

• Plus1 2

Hageman has an add running condemning the "radical Pelosi - Cheney" agenda. WTF?? And people in Wyoming will eat that bulls#!t up.  

She used to be besties with Cheney but when the window of opportunity opened for some small slice of fleeting MAGA power she threw Cheney under the bus.  In her last mind moment she'll know though what a hallow vessel she was.

On 7/17/2022 at 7:37 PM, DevoHusker said:
On 7/17/2022 at 6:06 PM, suh_fan93 said:
Serious question. What about that is "far right". Libertarian maybe, but "far right"?

I don't think you read the article.

The Tweet is not saying getting rid of the Department of Education is far right. It's saying the event in Florida is plotting that, and that seems to be the case from the article.

"DeVos is one of the prominent Republicans featured at the three-day summit in Tampa, which provided training to members from 30 states on how to create conservative majorities on their local school boards, in what they call a parental-rights movement. Moms For Liberty was founded in Florida, sparked in part by parents’ objections to their children being required to wear face masks at school during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic.

In a series of breakout sessions not open to the press, guest speakers instructed participants on how to recruit, vet, endorse and promote conservatives as school board candidates. Other sessions focused on legal defense of parental rights over school-board authority, strategic research, and ways to fight “gender ideology, in our schools,” “social and emotional learning” and “restorative justice.”

Moms For Liberty co-founder Tiffany Justice, who interviewed DeVos, said, “We love teachers here at Moms For Liberty” but she called teacher unions a “K-12 cartel.” She said Moms For Liberty seeks to separate teachers from unions, which she claimed are imposing liberal politics in classrooms.

"

• Thanks 2
42 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

More and More I think the GOP needs to go the way of the Soviet Union - the ash heap of history. (Sorry Ronald Reagan - your party isn't what it use to be)   It needs to be burnt down and reconstructed from scratch.  

Unfortunately they're going to dominate elections.

The United States is going to slide and deteriorate, until Democracy is sufficiently eroded in many states. Situations like Wisconsin will be extremely familiar, and the Urban-Rural divide will continue to worsen. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3

These people eating up the pure hot garbage this broad is spewing like they haven't eaten in weeks.  She says not only should Biden be impeached but so should Nancy Pelosi :facepalm: because she (Pelosi...) ignored intelligence regarding Jan 6th that indicated there were going to be problems at the Capital...  

Visit the Sports Illustrated Husker site