What is the future of the Republican Party?

17 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

"Progress Ohio" is a left leaning pollster that is hardly neutral. Their polling is designed to prop up causes they care about.

Now, I wish it were true, but Tim Ryan will not win there. Vance is going to win by high single digits.

A political environment where Ryan wins means that Democrats will likely expand their house majority and win Senate races in Wisconsin, possibly Iowa, and control the Senate with 53 or more seats.

That's simply not going to happen. 

I live in California, but Tim Ryan is texting me constantly. His take, at least from a fundraising angle, is that he's only 1% behind Vance in an election America can't afford to lose. 

28 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I live in California, but Tim Ryan is texting me constantly. His take, at least from a fundraising angle, is that he's only 1% behind Vance in an election America can't afford to lose. 

It's possible the political environment has changed that much.

But Ohio is politically to the Right of the tipping point House seat, and to the right of Senate seats in: Iowa (although Ohio and Iowa are very close), Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Arizona, Nevada, and New Hampshire.

If Tim Ryan is correct and they're down 1% or even ahead, Democrats are not only winning the House but expanding their majority, as well as controlling 53-54 Senate seats. That's simply not going to happen. 

3 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

It's possible the political environment has changed that much.

But Ohio is politically to the Right of the tipping point House seat, and to the right of Senate seats in: Iowa (although Ohio and Iowa are very close), Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Arizona, Nevada, and New Hampshire.

If Tim Ryan is correct and they're down 1% or even ahead, Democrats are not only winning the House but expanding their majority, as well as controlling 53-54 Senate seats. That's simply not going to happen. 

I guess my point is that since polls are malleable and inconsistent, candidates select the perfect poll number to motivate voters, and in my case out-of-state campaign contributions. Being 1% behind makes it seem like you can make that difference. 8% not so much. Claiming you've overtaken Vance probably slows down the dollars, too.

My understanding is that your numbers are closer to the truth. 

43 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

So what was the GOP's rational is stopping the passage of the bill?

I don’t know if Fischer has explained.

But the common defense I’ve heard so far is that it “could” be too expensive.  And people who voted for it are quickly countering with, “then it’s our job to make sure it doesn’t”

Anyone paying attention was just shown yesterday that a majority of Republicans in Congress have no interest in doing their jobs.

Now they will go back to their districts and cry that our govt is broke and we need more Repubs in the Senate.  And dumbasses will eat it up!

• Plus1 1