What is the future of the Republican Party?

4 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Did you not see the unbolded sentence of the post you quoted?   You are trying to fit a square argument into a round hole.  It’s not working.  

I'm trying to get you to explain your stance more.  But, you refuse to.  You just throw out code phrases used by the right without relating them to reality.

You point to parts of immigration and claim it's anti American Exceptionalism......but aren't really explaining in reality why.  Then, every time I try to figure it out on my own, you come back with.....no, that's not what I'm saying. 

Well, tell me.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

19 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Sounds you didn’t read it.  

So you didn't catch the specific responses to your specific claims with specific examples and specific questions?

I mean, you feigned an apology for making sweeping generalizations, and followed it up with even more flawed generalizations.

I'm just doing God's work here, fella. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
16 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

So you didn't catch the specific responses to your specific claims with specific examples and specific questions?

I mean, you feigned an apology for making sweeping generalizations, and followed it up with even more flawed generalizations.

I'm just doing God's work here, fella. 

I replied to your message with a couple responders yesterday :dunno   

So we do believe God exists? 

• Plus1 1
42 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm trying to get you to explain your stance more.  But, you refuse to.  You just throw out code phrases used by the right without relating them to reality.

It can’t really get more simpler than what I wrote.   I’ve pointed out and It’s been shown in your posts you already have a preconceived point of view no matter what words you are reading of mine and choose to obfuscate by saying things I never said or arguing points I’ve never made.  

When I boiled things down  to specifics for you (actually agreeing with you) and you reply with…..what’s that got to do with anything….then….well I wasn’t thinking things that way…of course you weren’t and your reply’s are geared towards having an argument and assuming things instead of thinking about what’s written.  .  

• Plus1 1
53 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You point to parts of immigration and claim it's anti American Exceptionalism.

Where?  

Please go back a few pages to my initial response to you.  It was three total posts I believe. 

I have talked about Immigration and assimilation quite a bit however.  

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

So...immigrants can bring ideas as to what would make America better...which they more than likely formulated by what they experienced in their former country....but, don't bring ideas similar to what your former country was.

I'm honestly trying to figure out how this works.

It’s honestly not hard to understand.  Let’s make one easy simple example.   Let’s say someone from Iran wants to immigrate to America and live with other family members already here.  Do you want him bringing the idea of Sharia law over to America?  Do you want him to bring Irans idea of women’s rights over?  Do you want him to bring Irans idea of killing gay people over her as a matter of law?  I would hope you agree.  Would you like him to bring over some food flavors.  Sure.  Would you like him to bring over some learned skills?  Sure.  I hope you would agree.  

• Plus1 1
28 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

It’s honestly not hard to understand.  Let’s make one easy simple example.   Let’s say someone from Iran wants to immigrate to America and live with other family members already here.  Do you want him bringing the idea of Sharia law over to America?  Do you want him to bring Irans idea of women’s rights over?  Do you want him to bring Irans idea of killing gay people over her as a matter of law?  I would hope you agree.  Would you like him to bring over some food flavors.  Sure.  Would you like him to bring over some learned skills?  Sure.  I hope you would agree.  

Now see, that's a good example where we agree.  Thanks for relating it back to a real life situation and I would agree with you on that.

What ideas do you see immigrants bringing to the US from their former countries that you might say...."Hey...that's a good idea".  Any examples of that...other than food flavors?

I'm trying to get to how you see immigrants can bring ideas to the US that actually help the US and make us better in society or governance.  Any ideas?

Or, is food flavors about at the limit of what you want to allow?

35 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Try the other one.   Where i corrected your mistakes.  :cowbell:

You mean the one where you claimed I was agreeing with you, ignored the part where I didn't, and pretended your goalpost moving was a correction? 

I get that your opinion is that liberals want poor people -- and perhaps everyone else -- to stay dependent on the government. It's shared by millions of people who share your news sources. But this, along with the wildly over-simplified maker/taker argument belies a boatload of evidence and has crippled a lot of perfectly sensible discourse and policy. 

I do a bit of work for a variety of nonprofits, and EVERY SINGLE ONE is based on developing self-sufficiency and long-term solutions. I know zero people who fit your description. 

Again, the opinions you craft always seem to have a welfare queen and angry Marxist at the core, despite your protests otherwise. 

• Plus1 2
56 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

What ideas do you see immigrants bringing to the US from their former countries that you might say...."Hey...that's a good idea".  Any examples of that...other than food flavors?

Art, architecture, brain power, diversity of thought on how accomplish tasks/solve problems. 

14 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Again, the opinions you craft always seem to have a welfare queen and angry Marxist at the core, despite your protests otherwise.

It’s not a me issue that you have these incorrect preconceived notions. 

18 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

It's shared by millions of people who share your news sources.

What news sources do you think I look to?  

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So….they shouldn’t be allowed to bring ideas for our societal systems and government at all. 

They are allowed to bring any ideas they choose.  Benefit of a free country.   If you are actually asking, should America institute a different countries societal systems and government, I would absolute no to instituting a new government and ask you to clarify what you mean by societal systems, maybe an example or two