What is the future of the Republican Party?

There have been multiple occasions the Republicans could have stood together against Trump and convinced their voters that he was in the wrong and still kept their seats, but they are spineless pieces of s#!t and that will never happen now. And if they have any brain cells at all they should be worried about him winning the election. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
6 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

There have been multiple occasions the Republicans could have stood together against Trump and convinced their voters that he was in the wrong and still kept their seats, but they are spineless pieces of s#!t and that will never happen now. And if they have any brain cells at all they should be worried about him winning the election. 

I feel this way too but......I do detect rumblings brought on by Jack Smith and Georgia. Give Trump the unflagging loyalty of his 35% base and that still adds up to a potential Biden landslide if Trump continues to rage himself into oblivion. The Republican braintrust that never wanted Trump could simply pivot to "a Trump nomination ensures a Biden second term" and I think even loyalists might be coaxed into peeling off to a non-Trump candidate.

But who? Take Trump off the table and I'm not sure the votes simply transfer to DeSantis. I'll give it a 22% chance that the GOP nominee is someone who hasn't yet declared. 

9 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

The fact is, Trump and Trump Organizations had amassed more than 3,500 lawsuits prior to his running for President, and no, that's not normal for powerful businessmen -- it's pretty much unprecedented.

Throw out all the other lawsuits and partisan witch hunts and ask Trump loyalists if they knew their elitist New York billionaire screwed literally hundreds of hard working contractors out of their money, knowing he could outlast them with his team of lawyers. Did they know Trump's father didn't trust his own son, and crafted a will that prevented Donald from assuming control of Trump Enterprises when Fred died? And then Trump sued his dead father, got full control of the company, and bankrupted it in 18 months? That virtually all of the vanity products and services Donald Trump launched prior to his Presidency failed, some inviting lawsuits of their own? 

It's everything hard-working Americans traditionally loathed in a human being. I still don't get it, to be honest. 

Take it out of nationalist ideology and make it personal: knowing what you know about Donald Trump, would you

• Let him invest your money?

• Want him as a boss?

• Want him as a client?

• Leave him alone with your wife?

• Leave him alone with your daughter?

• Trust him to keep the golf score? 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, suh_fan93 said:

Christie was an enabling piece of s#!t, who carried Trump's water right up until it was clear he lost. I'll give him props for switching positions after it was exceedingly clear his party lost, but that's still far too little too late.

People like Romney, Chenney, Flake, and Kinzinger deserve way more respect and attention than Chris.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1