What is the future of the Republican Party?

4 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

You literally posted about us looking at countries that were doing things better than us and maybe learning from that.  I’m agreeing with you with an example man.  Geesh.  Take a win when you get one.

In my mind, I was more talking about how we run our societies, economic systems, laws...etc.  It's great we beat them to the moon.  But....I think there's more important things to be proud of or learn from other countries.  

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:
11 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

But, you're saying that American Exceptionalism is the idea that we ARE better than any of our contemporary countries.

So....if we are allowed to look at other countries and learn from them on how maybe they do something better.....how does that reconcile with the idea that we are supposed to believe we are better than all of our contemporary countries?

See, now you are just trying to argue because of who you are posting with.   Or you don’t believe in the idea of American Exceptionalism, which is worse. 

Patrick Mahomes is the best QB on the planet and no sane person disagrees.   If you asked him in the palace of truth he would agree.   

Patrick Mahomes has also looked at Tom Brady’s nutrition habits to ensure Pat has a long term career.  Pat has also brought along a throwing coach that incorporates body movement and arm slot throwing in a different manner to continue to give him the best chance at staying on top.  

Just because you are the best doesn’t mean you stop striving to get better.  

It also doesn’t mean you look to incorporate things others do that would hinder development in order to get better.  That would be insane.  

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

See, now you are just trying to argue because of who you are posting with.   Or you don’t believe in the idea of American Exceptionalism, which is worse. 

Patrick Mahomes is the best QB on the planet and no sane person disagrees.   If you asked him in the palace of truth he would agree.   

Patrick Mahomes has also looked at Tom Brady’s nutrition habits to ensure Pat has a long term career.  Pat has also brought along a throwing coach that incorporates body movement and arm slot throwing in a different manner to continue to give him the best chance at staying on top.  

It also doesn’t mean you look to incorporate things others do that would hinder development in order to get better.  That would be insane.  

Wha????  I'm in a discussion with you.  And...now I'm only in a discussion with you because of who I'm posting with?  Odd

An example.  Our founding fathers modeled a lot of our government from Greece https://education.nationalgeographic.org/resource/greek-influence-us-democracy/

So....now Patrick Mahomes doesn't ever look at how another really good QB runs a certain play and learns from it?  Maybe that QB does something a little different on one detail? If you're claiming that he doesn't....I call BS.

16 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Or you don’t believe in the idea of American Exceptionalism,

I would need to understand what the heck you have trying to explain it as before I can say if I agree with you or not.  So far, you're not doing a very good job.

If you want me to believe that so many immigrants are coming here and not assimilating to America or even trying....well.....I disagree with that.

If you want me to believe that we ARE the best country on the planet and history of the world....Hmmmm America is pretty dang awesome.....but know that other countries do some things better than us.  And....there are probably some on par with us.

But...honestly, I still don't understand what your definition of the term is.

Also, let it be known that I love this country and at the same time, can acknowledge that we have done some pretty horrible things in our history.

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:
9 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Wha????  I'm in a discussion with you.  And...now I'm only in a discussion with you because of who I'm posting with?  Odd

No, you are arguing something that really doesn’t deserve an argument for some reason odd reason.  Saying the US of A is an exceptional country and the best one on the planet doesn’t mean we can’t keep our eyes out for ideas that move the country forward, without taking away from our founding principals, yet you say the following….

So....if we are allowed to look at other countries and learn from them on how maybe they do something better.....how does that reconcile with the idea that we are supposed to believe we are better than all of our contemporary countries?

Being the best overall absolutely does not mean one individual component can’t get better.  And no one but you is suggesting that.  That is how you are trying to argue for the sake of arguing in my view because you are trying to make an argument on nothing I have suggested.  

It’s not an either or proposition. 

• Fire 1
29 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I think you are right to an extent that I used some incorrect verbiage.   It’s true that as you said a much smaller percentage of liberals would desire and much much much more equal financial outcome for all (it could never be exactly equal across the board).  So you are on point that I should use better words to explain.   

I also think that the Liberal position for a much greater portion of that group is to bring down the standard of the most successful way more than they desire to want the less successful to achieve that first groups success.   We see this in schools as an example.  School districts are trying to take away advanced programs rather than expand them to include those that haven’t been able to achieve an educational level to qualify.    
In the business world, it’s always talked about CEO pay vs the rest of the worker pay.   The largest component of that difference compared to what it was decades ago is equity wealth.   So liberals want to have the C Suite employees give up what they get to make things equal (which is just options to buy shares and won’t help raise salaries of others) but instead what they should advocate for in a public company is creating a law that says a proportionality option should get for all employees that hit a standard set/MBO if any level of employee in said  organization gets stock options. Similar to what happens with offering healthcare plans in companies.  

So it may have been better for me to say Liberals desire more equal outcomes by bringing the top down in cases vs trying to elevate those at the bottom towards the top.  I feel many Liberals want the bottom to get just a little bit better to eke out a living with the governments constant help vs providing resources that get them to an middle class/upper middle class lifestyle that is independent of any constant government support.  

And BTW…what you described me of doing, which I just took ownership of doing bad, is constantly done here towards the other side of the spectrum.  Read things posted going forward and see how often the “right” or “republicans” are all lumped together 

Well you get a lot of things wrong here, too. Some school districts want to retool some advanced programs that provide cover for defacto segregation (exactly what happened in our middle school). Many also provide separate programs designed to help the under-served communities, and many also find a way for advanced and AP programs to continue, with a better eye for inclusion. It's the role public education should be taking, and it's not like the privileged are suffering from it. Your broad brush ignores a lot of complexities and successes. 

In the business world, roughly zero people beyond your Angry Marxist are advocating that C suite compensation be anywhere near equal to the average worker. It's just that back when America was Great and still an economic powerhouse, the CEO to Worker pay ratio was 20:1. Today, it's 350:1. And that doesn't include non-salaried. compensation, which may be why companies now jockey for short term payouts rather than long term growth, a strategy that typically doesn't payoff for the non-executive class. Corporate tax rates have plummeted as well. And let's not forget getting hardworking taxpayers to foot the bill for Executive failure.

It would seem that a Democrat merely asking for a return to the corporate tax rate under G.W. Bush falls under your same wide-eyed Leftist definition. In case you didn't notice, a lot of liberals are perfectly wealthy and don't hate money. 

And how can you say Liberals would rather bring the top down than elevate the bottom. when you simultaneously decry every attempt to elevate the bottom?

If liberals really wanted the poor to eke out a living from government handouts rather than achieve long term financial independence, they probably wouldn't support so many programs and resources for achieving long term financial independence.

You seem stuck in a world of welfare queens and fire-breathing Marxists and I genuinely hope you will rethink these discussion-killing stereotypes. 

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

When Patrick Mahomes turns 48, adds 50 pounds, statistically falls off the cliff, fires his overly-critical throwing coach and demands that you still call him Exceptional, you might actually have an analogy. 

• TBH 3

12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So....now Patrick Mahomes doesn't ever look at how another really good QB runs a certain play and learns from it?  Maybe that QB does something a little different on one detail? If you're claiming that he doesn't....I call BS.

BTW…..if you read my post you clearly would have seen an instance of me talking about Pat liking to Tom Brady as someone who does nutrition better and incorporate that into his lifestyle/training.  You might take your BS call somewhere else.  

So I will post in the vein you have been with the following….Do you believe Pat looks at Peyton Manning’s mechanics that work awesome for him and says, yep, I need to do it like that?  I call BS 

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Being the best overall absolutely does not mean one individual component can’t get better.  And no one but you is suggesting that.  That is how you are trying to argue for the sake of arguing in my view because you are trying to make an argument on nothing I have suggested.  

Continues…..The idea that we as a country ARE better than any of our contemporary countries and we don’t have to go backwards in order for them to feel like equals.  We should have Allie’s for sure, but that doesn’t mean our standard should be theirs.   We should have immigration, people that come in and bring new ideas to move the country forward, but we shouldn’t become the country that those people moved from.  Immigrants should  assimilate to our standards, laws, language, economic system, etc….continue to celebrate and share parts of their culture but remember why they are leaving their homelands and picking the US as their landing spot.   Just a few thoughts that are my own 

This becomes a circular problem for people.  You claim you want immigrants to come to the US because they have new ideas and can move the country forward.

But....those Immigrants dang well better not bring ideas from their country.

Where do you think those immigrants get the ideas that can move our country forward?

• Plus1 1