The Angry Violent Left

28 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Naaa.....It's just when you don't have people feeding you propaganda about how horrible the MSM is, you stop paying attention to it.

You should try it sometime. 

And...as for the original discussion.  If there are racist things the Republicans are doing (like they do now) it should be pointed out.  That's what the media does.

Maybe they would get more than a measly 12% of the black vote if they didn't....oh....I forgot....we should be celebrating that achievement.  

What specific racist things are in the Republican agenda?  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

https://www.chicagotribune.com/columns/dahleen-glanton/ct-met-dahleen-glanton-republican-party-racism-20190114-story.html

I can agree with @Archy1221 that the policies of the GOP aren't meant to be racist.  But it just so happens that minority groups tend to be more negatively effected by the polices making them vote for the other party.

The author of the article claims the policies are racist, I don't agree with the statement necessarily.  But I can see why many minorities don't support the GOP.

Unrelated to the article, I would assume it would be hard for many people of color to give the GOP a chance when the party does so little to distance itself from know white supremacists.  What kind of message did "good people on both sides" give?  What kind of message does it send when Nazi's and KKK members run on GOP tickets and actually get votes and in some rare cases even win?

What kind of message does lack of sympathy for BLM and DACA send?

It's not necessarily the policies, but the people.  Not all Republicans are racist, they just seem to be okay with the ones that are.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
20 minutes ago, funhusker said:

https://www.chicagotribune.com/columns/dahleen-glanton/ct-met-dahleen-glanton-republican-party-racism-20190114-story.html

I can agree with @Archy1221 that the policies of the GOP aren't meant to be racist.  But it just so happens that minority groups tend to be more negatively effected by the polices making them vote for the other party.

I don't agree with it. Maybe overall the vast majority aren't. But when you are faced with data that shows laws are enforced in a racist way, and then you tell everyone there is no problem and no need to change anything, your policies are racist.

• Plus1 3
43 minutes ago, funhusker said:

The author of the article claims the policies are racist, I don't agree with the statement necessarily.  But I can see why many minorities don't support the GOP.

Unrelated to the article, I would assume it would be hard for many people of color to give the GOP a chance when the party does so little to distance itself from know white supremacists.  What kind of message did "good people on both sides" give?  What kind of message does it send when Nazi's and KKK members run on GOP tickets and actually get votes and in some rare cases even win?

It's not necessarily the policies, but the people.  Not all Republicans are racist, they just seem to be okay with the ones that are.

44 minutes ago, funhusker said:

The article you cited talks a lot of about poverty in relation to policies.  

By far, the single biggest factor of someone with kids being in poverty or not is marital status.  A nuclear family (traditional or non-traditional) is more important to keep people out of poverty than any Democrat or Republican policy.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, funhusker said:

If you know a certain minority group is negatively affected by a policy, it should be the job of government to change the policy so that doesn't happen.  If one party refused to acknowledge that and make the changes, that's racist.

One example is the how policing practices negatively affects black people more than whites.  An unarmed innocent black person gets shot or killed by an overly aggressive police officer, that shouldn't be a liberal/conservative issue.  That's a human issue that needs addressed.  But, one party refuses to acknowledge that it's an issue and actively campaigns to support the policeman that killed the black person and demonize the people who want change.  That's racist.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

One example is the how policing practices negatively affects black people more than whites.  An unarmed innocent black person gets shot or killed by an overly aggressive police officer, that shouldn't be a liberal/conservative issue.  That's a human issue that needs addressed.  But, one party refuses to acknowledge that it's an issue and actively campaigns to support the policeman that killed the black person and demonize the people who want change.  That's racist.

I agree that everyone should be treated equally by police.   The Republicans and Senator Tim Scott also agree.  He had a police reform bill that was killed by the Democrats from advancing.  That would be bad, correct?  Racist by the Democrats??

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

Funny how you choose a running mate like Palin and trouble follows in its wake.

I remember Palin on the campaign trail. She was, as John Lewis alleged, "playing with fire." The Republican party has long sidled up to racism and race-baiting, it's just that no mainstream candidate dove in with gusto in a few generations. Palin began eroding that, and McCain deserves the opprobrium that comes with choosing that kind of person for his ticket.

As usual, Obama was the better diplomat.

“Senator Obama does not believe that John McCain or his policy criticism is in any way comparable to George Wallace or his segregationist policies," said Obama spokesman Bill Burton.  "But John Lewis was right to condemn some of the hateful rhetoric that John McCain himself personally rebuked just last night, as well as the baseless and profoundly irresponsible charges from his own running mate that the Democratic nominee for President of the United States ‘pals around with terrorists.’

"As Barack Obama has said himself, the last thing we need from either party is the kind of angry, divisive rhetoric that tears us apart at a time of crisis when we desperately need to come together. That is the kind of campaign Senator Obama will continue to run in the weeks ahead,”

Bombings in America. Weird how those aren't called terrorism anymore.

• Plus1 2
57 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Ok, so the articles and tweets I can actually click on don't call McCain a racist. Infact one mentions that he's invoked John Lewis name with praise several times and they had a mutual respect, but all say (and John Lewis said) that he and Palin had better be careful because what they are doing is akin to a dogwhistle and is going to (and probably did) bring in the wrong crowd. They urge him to rebuke the Obama name-calling and innuendo by his running mate because it's borderline racists. Everything else seems to be reporting what what others have said to the Campaign and candidates, or things taking place at the rallies. But I can't open links in the screen capture.

A Google search shows the second tweet in the screen cap is 100% accurate. Bobby May was a racists POS booted from McCain's campaign.

On 1/3/2021 at 11:39 AM, Archy1221 said:

No reason for this to happen.  McConnell should work to have a bill come up that addresses all three points he wants to make, but vandalizing a home is truly disgusting behavior. 

Are we sure these are left leaning people or could they just be desperate people? There are a lot of apolotical people that have been driven into poverty by the pandemic and when people are desperate and they see someone like MCConnell who can bring $2000 to a vote not give a s#!t, it can radicalize anyone and not in a left/right sort of way.