Insurrection fallout

16 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

It was naming all those who died at or as a result of the insurrection and having a moment of silence in their honor. There is zero excuse for the disrespect they showed, and by not being there their admission of guilt was palpable.

Wasn’t it just rioters who died as a result of the riot?  I know one cop had a stroke and died which isn’t related but I didn’t think any others did.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Well strange but I can’t.   It asks me to subscribe.  Maybe you could just let me know what police officers died in the riot 

There have been a handful of capitol police officers who have committed suicide in the past year, due to the physical and emotional trauma received during the attacks on 1/6/21. 

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, NM11046 said:

It was naming all those who died at or as a result of the insurrection and having a moment of silence in their honor. There is zero excuse for the disrespect they showed, and by not being there their admission of guilt was palpable.

Babbit was shot.

The 3 others who also died - Greeson and Phillips by natural causes, and Boyland by overdose.  Medical Examiner confirmed this.

It's awful.  And may they RIP.

• Plus1 1

Wow.  To be clear, this was a memorial to show respect to the police and armed services who fought and sacrificed their lives on that day or in the days after protecting our capital. It shouldn't surprise you that the MOC who fled for their lives that day are not memorializing and honoring those who attacked the capital threatening to hang them, decapitate them and more.  

It is ok to have second thoughts about your posts and delete them, because I'm not sure I can see you suggesting honoring the 911 hijackers or Bin Laden, the Nazis or the Japanese in the 1940's were worthy of memorializing on the anniversary of their greatest attacks. I don't think you likely celebrate the victories of the Viet Cong or the members of Mussolini's National Republican Army.

I know some of you pride yourself on "whataboutism" and standing up for a particular party on this board, but surely you can not truly feel this not just defending the terrorists from that day, but absolutely ignoring those who sacrificed their lives or were injured while fighting to protect our nation are not worthy of respect and honor for which they served.  I thought you prided yourself on respect for the armed forces, for honoring the "thin blue line" and "Patriotism".  

• Capitol City Officer Brian Sicknick
  • Police Officer Howard Liebengood
  • DC Metropolitan Policeman Jeffrey Smith
  • Metropolitan Policeman Gunther Hashida
  • Metropolitan Policeman Kyle DeFryeTag

And HUNDREDS of men and women serving that were seriously injured fighting in hand to hand combat with these insurrectionists.

What a way to start the day reading this bs.  You should be ashamed.

• Plus1 6
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

You don't consider those people as dying as part of the Jan 6 attacks or you just didn't consider them initially?

I didn’t consider them initially, if they get honored sounds fine to me 

I guess I would have a question then about soldiers and other police officers not getting the same honor since suicide is a leading cause of death in those professions.  Should we have a yearly remembrance at the Capitol for all those who protected our country and died?  I would be for that too.  

• Plus1 2