Insurrection fallout

2 hours ago, commando said:

the republicans refuse to testify about the jan. 6 riots that they blame antifa for.  the same people don said he loved and the right calls true patriots now.   

Yeah...I would think they would welcome the chance to show the world and congress that they weren't responsible and it was all Antifa or some other wacky conspiracy.

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Traitors gonna trait. 

Well out the window goes the trope that there was no insurrection because nobody has been charged with the like.  I wonder what comes out of this when a few of these guys make a plea bargain.  

• Plus1 2

I wondered if anyone would ever get charged with something besides trespassing, vandalism, assault and the like.  Let’s see if there are convictions. Hopefully a quick and speedy trial. Anyone know who in US history has been convicted of seditious conspiracy and how long ago that was? It sounds like something from the early 1700 or 1800s. I found Thomas Cooper….not sure what he did based on that brief description. 

Thomas Cooper, a lawyer and newspaper editor in Sunbury, Pennsylvania, was indicted, prosecuted, and convicted of violating the Sedition Act after he published a broadside that was sharply critical of President Adams.

In 1981, Oscar López Rivera, a Puerto Rican nationalist and Vietnam War veteran, was convicted and sentenced to 70 years in prison for seditious conspiracy (among other offenses)…was later commuted by President Obama.

There are quite a few stories about seditious conspiracy charges including draft dodgers. It’s more common than I thought. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, NM11046 said:

Merica' man!  I

'm so very grateful this insurrection was being done by the most brilliant of our citizens (seriously - thank god they weren't the smart folks - it would have been successful!)

No kidding.   And people actually thought our Democracy was literally at stake through the actions of idiots like that.  

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

No Alex….you’re  a disgusting idiot. And a pathetic snowflake. 

Arrests should continue to happen for those that broke the law, including Mr. Epps. 

• Plus1 1