Insurrection fallout

As this goes on we are finding out why so many MAGAs won't cooperate with the commission and why Cheney shipwrecked her career.  She had to have known something like this was possibly going in.  Tie this in with the question of who gave the Oath Keepers the idea that they were being summoned by Trump to enforce the Insurrection Act and this could blow up fast.  The Oath Keepers facing 20 years will very likely rollover especially when you read between the lines of what their lawyer said 

Minimizing what happened on January 6th is simply another disinformation attempt.

• Plus1 2

3 hours ago, commando said:

why is this guy not in jail yet?  still trying to overthrow the election.    

It's bizarre. If we've all agreed that sedition isn't really a crime, we might as well just have a garage sale and part out America. 

But I think you're asking an honest question, and I honestly don't know what more the Justice Department needs to move on these people. 

• Haha 1

I wonder why the 1/6 group can't look into the Inherent Contempt option with Bannon.  I think its mostly used for lack of answering supeona requests (which also begs the question - why hasn't it been used on Jordan et all), but seems there should be some ramifications for Bannon's continuing efforts to thwart democracy - isn't he awaiting sentencing?  I'd think there are some rules (like with the 1/6 yahoos who have gotten in further trouble for buying guns and etc)

3 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

It's bizarre. If we've all agreed that sedition isn't really a crime, we might as well just have a garage sale and part out America. 

But I think you're asking an honest question, and I honestly don't know what more the Justice Department needs to move on these people. 

As sticky as this could get the DOJ isn't going to move until everything is tied up into an ironclad case.

But rest assured as soon as the heat starts ratcheting up to full rolling boil we'll hear "hoax", "witch-hunt", "deep state" and "what about Epps?" being bellowed from every corner of MAGAdom

There were zero leaks and what seemed to be slow moving process as Garland collected data and evidence for the OKC bombing  He is methodical and we won't see charges until he knows that they are 110% able to convict.  And we won't know the half of what evidence they have until that time.  I know it's hard to be patient, but I do have every confidence that he's doing this in the right way.  We can't do any part of this half a$$ and give the loud cult members a reason to sow doubt.  It needs to be black and white - and presented in the simplest of ways for the lowest common denominator.

• Plus1 1

17 hours ago, NM11046 said:

There were zero leaks and what seemed to be slow moving process as Garland collected data and evidence for the OKC bombing  He is methodical and we won't see charges until he knows that they are 110% able to convict.  And we won't know the half of what evidence they have until that time.  I know it's hard to be patient, but I do have every confidence that he's doing this in the right way.  We can't do any part of this half a$$ and give the loud cult members a reason to sow doubt.  It needs to be black and white - and presented in the simplest of ways for the lowest common denominator.

Maybe. But the inside word a year ago was that the Southern District Court of New York already had its ironclad case against Trump lined up, and was just waiting for January 22 for Trump to become prosecutable. I've heard about Trump's tax returns finally going public for years, now, too. By most applicable standards Trump could have gone to jail for the rampant tax evasion he practiced before he became President. Rudy Guliani and Steve Bannon should be in court on their own. Matt Gaetz should probably be in jail. The lack of consequences has a cumulative affect on everything. 

• Plus1 4
2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Maybe. But the inside word a year ago was that the Southern District Court of New York already had its ironclad case against Trump lined up, and was just waiting for January 22 for Trump to become prosecutable. I've heard about Trump's tax returns finally going public for years, now, too. By most applicable standards Trump could have gone to jail for the rampant tax evasion he practiced before he became President. Rudy Guliani and Steve Bannon should be in court on their own. Matt Gaetz should probably be in jail. The lack of consequences has a cumulative affect on everything. 

Yeah - I can't speak to NYC ... didn't have a ton of faith in Cyrus Vance, especially knowing how he'd turned a blind eye to the kids in other cases in NY.  

And I agree on the taxes, my understanding is that some groups already have them as banks turned them over - I don't know enough about what they'd have vs. the originals to make charges, I'd think that Cohen has likely provided info to them as well.  

And yes - things are moving slower than I like with Bannon and Gaetz, Bannon should be sitting in a cell somewhere and Gaetz should be charged soon if he's going to be (I think his Greenburg is sentenced in March, so any charges coming from that will be very, very soon)