Economy

5 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

You could also tax everyone making over $1 million at 100% and not come close to funding the government which is why the let’s just tax the rich argument he and others makes doesn’t work.  

I agree with taxing the rich to fund programs that themselves further create more revenue. The SNAP program gains more money in economic creation than is spent on it for example. Funding it as robustly as possible via taxes on the wealthy is a win for everybody. 

As far as spending, I would personally prefer various changes to taxes that fund them. Changes to the programs themselves are necessary: increasing eligibility ages, reducing payouts to certain income ranges, decreasing veterans benefits, increasing taxes to fund the programs, etc. Taxing the wealthy is a small start.

But the debt is large and neither side has plans to adequately address it. 

• TBH 1

• 2 weeks later...

14 minutes ago, teachercd said:

SMCI

I hope you fools did not miss out on that badboy.  

And NVDA has surpassed META and is about to overtake AMZN

If you like the Semi’s going forward you should get SOXL.  

That’s a nice ride for SMCI. 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, teachercd said:

SMCI

I hope you fools did not miss out on that badboy.  

And NVDA has surpassed META and is about to overtake AMZN

AMD’s been on fire too.   Economically speaking, it’s because of the AI tech run which of course affects the economy 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

When my son was 15 (five years ago) he'd been watching the gaming world pretty intently and believed AMD's new processors were going to be a hit with developers. He talked my wife into investing $2,000 in AMD for him, doubled it and cashed out at 18. He also talked her into 10 shares of Tesla and got out with another $2,000 profit.

Of course he burned through all that money going to school in Santa Barbara the last two years and needs me to bail him out.

What was my investment? Hard work with 100% ROI!

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2

2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

When my son was 15 (five years ago) he'd been watching the gaming world pretty intently and believed AMD's new processors were going to be a hit with developers. He talked my wife into investing $2,000 in AMD for him, doubled it and cashed out at 18. He also talked her into 10 shares of Tesla and got out with another $2,000 profit.

Of course he burned through all that money going to school in Santa Barbara the last two years and needs me to bail him out.

What was my investment? Hard work with 100% ROI!

Sounds like a smart kid!   Glad your son made some good coin.  Unfortunate he cashed out but hindsight is 2020 and the important thing is doubling the initial investment….TWICE which is awesome 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Oooops....

I used to work for this company.  It was a good company to work for.  But, their upper level management has gotten into some major trouble over the years.

I wonder if that's the reason AMD took a dive today too. People are stupid sometimes... Algorithms too. :lol:

• Haha 1