Biden's Day 1 & Beyond Executive orders

Which Executive orders do you agree with  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

21 minutes ago, funhusker said:

A concern I’d have is what happens to a girl that is “manly”?  Will she have to provide medical records to opposing coaches proving she was “born a female”?  

Maybe, but my guess is that will not be an issue.  Most opposing coaches (at the HS level) would never bring anything like that up as an issue.

One of the girls in a class I teach brought this topic up.  She is a sprinter and said there is no way girls that were guys should be able to compete against her, she said it is just not fair and that guys are bigger, faster and stronger and it would take away possible scholarships from her.

I personally don't care either way because I am not a HS kid that is competing in a sport.  I still think we should be able to pick our age, because little league sign ups are starting and I would love to dominate. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Maybe, but my guess is that will not be an issue.  Most opposing coaches (at the HS level) would never bring anything like that up as an issue.

One of the girls in a class I teach brought this topic up.  She is a sprinter and said there is no way girls that were guys should be able to compete against her, she said it is just not fair and that guys are bigger, faster and stronger and it would take away possible scholarships from her.

I personally don't care either way because I am not a HS kid that is competing in a sport.  I still think we should be able to pick our age, because little league sign ups are starting and I would love to dominate. 

I really don’t think it’s an issue either.  How many trans athletes even are there?

And your student seems to be putting too much value in a track scholarship if she’s worried one person is going to take it from her ;)

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, funhusker said:

I really don’t think it’s an issue either.  How many trans athletes even are there?

And your student seems to be putting too much value in a track scholarship ;)

I would guess less than half of one percent?  Maybe not even that high.

Yeah, she was just hoping for any many she could get.  I don't know much about track scholarships but I am guessing it would be very little!

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

A concern I’d have is what happens to a girl that is “manly”?  Will she have to provide medical records to opposing coaches proving she was “born a female”?  

I think this is something that is less of a problem than if either sex can switch and play the other sex's sport.  What documentation needs to be had with that situation?

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I think this is something that is less of a problem than if either sex can switch and play the other sex's sport.  What documentation needs to be had with that situation?

I don't have numbers to back this up, so I could be incredibly wrong.

But I'm guessing the number of 16-22 y.o. females who could pass for male far outnumber the athletes that were actually born male.

3 hours ago, funhusker said:

What’s the big deal?  You already have to provide a birth certificate to play in high level youth sports to verify age

• Plus1 2