Biden's Day 1 & Beyond Executive orders

Which Executive orders do you agree with  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Right, but not the oil sands stuff that would have been transported via Keystone XL. Canada has recently (last decade-ish) begun digging into those lesser-quality sources of oil. Before, they mostly shipped light sweet crude. This stuff is heavy in bitumen, and the carbon footprint is much higher to refine - I've seen estimates up to 30% higher. 

If Canada refined their own oil & shipped the refined product, they'd be one of the worst polluters in the world. Instead, they ship most of their crude here and we bear the brunt of the carbon emissions. Pretty sneaky and shady of them, actually. 

So you would prefer we get in from Venezuela? 

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Right, but not the oil sands stuff that would have been transported via Keystone XL. Canada has recently (last decade-ish) begun digging into those lesser-quality sources of oil. Before, they mostly shipped light sweet crude. This stuff is heavy in bitumen, and the carbon footprint is much higher to refine - I've seen estimates up to 30% higher. 

If Canada refined their own oil & shipped the refined product, they'd be one of the worst polluters in the world. Instead, they ship most of their crude here and we bear the brunt of the carbon emissions. Pretty sneaky and shady of them, actually. 

Ahh that makes sense. I did read one article somewhere that said the U.S. would 'absolutely' use some of the oil sent via the Keystone pipeline if the project were to be completed, but to what degree, I guess that's kind of a moot point now. Either way, the U.S. seems to be in a fine position oil-wise.

11 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

That would be correct, but some of them get above 50 TD’s for the year. 

Sure, but when silly stats like that are thrown out, we should know to take them for what they are.

If Trump signed four in the first week of his presidency in 2017, he would've been on pace to sign 200 by the end of his first year. He ended somewhere south of 300 EO's overall in four years. 

• Plus1 2

On 1/27/2021 at 10:09 AM, Enhance said:

Sure, but when silly stats like that are thrown out, we should know to take them for what they are.

If Trump signed four in the first week of his presidency in 2017, he would've been on pace to sign 200 by the end of his first year. He ended somewhere south of 300 EO's overall in four years. 

https://www.federalregister.gov/presidential-documents/executive-orders

• Plus1 1

43 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Why are you so much more focused on this money than either of the two previous bailouts?

I have to pay off this penial enl...ummmm I mean donate money to a charity.  

40 minutes ago, GSG said:

He's got some gambling debts to pay off(?) :dunno 

/s (maybe?)

Haha!

My bookies kid just started private swim lessons...f#&%!

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...